Adapting guitar effect circuits to work at line level

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr nEon

Hi All!

Like most people, I enjoy using guitar pedals on the mix , usually with nyd's reamp between the console aux o/p and the pedal i/p.

This is a fine solution for existing outboard "pedals".

However, I am now thinking about building a few of the circuits on i.e. ,geofex.com etc.. but want to use them strictly as studio effects...unbalanced line level ins and outs...each effect self contained.

Would a simple L or T pad suffice , in general , for the input attenuation , in this type of situation ?

And something like:http://www.geofex.com/circuits/Adjusticator.gif ..on the out put ?...or any better suggestions?

It surprises me , given the quantity of guitar effects circuits on the net , that there isn't more discussion on adapting these for line level usage .

Some folks have done the reamp-effect-di combination , which is great as an interface for plugging in whatever pedal , but in my case, it would seem rather cumbersome, if,say,I just want to put a couple of ad80 type analog delays in a 1u enclosure , and have usable operating levels.

Any thoughts on this will go a long way!

Cheers

nEon

[quote author="Dr nEon"]It surprises me , given the quantity of guitar effects circuits on the net , that there isn't more discussion on adapting these for line level usage.[/quote]
Topics need to be discussed in sufficient depth, but not more than that. :wink: The Geofex-info pretty much gives all there is to it.

The pad you mention will work fine as well, might even be a bit more 'realistic' since it will give a higher source-impedance, ~just like guitar pickups. BTW, if you did the full NYD-box with the impedance-knob then you'll recognize this.

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back