Adding a second output to V672-1 preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilan

Hi,
I have two V672-1 preamps.
Since they have only one output I would like to add a second output using a buffer circuit that can work on the +24V supply (without make any impact on the original output signal) and split the output so the transformer balanced output will feed the audio converters of the DAW and the buffered output will feed a standard headphones amp.
I don't sure if it will be better to use a op amp with a single supply or use a transistor buffer circuit?
Maybe someone have an experience with this kind of a circuit that can work good for this application?

The 672/1 may have only one output transformer, but it has two secondary windings, as emrr mentioned. So you already have two seperate outputs available!
If you really have to squeeze out every dB of gain and want to connect them in series, you could also try a passive split. Converter and headphone amp inputs are usually high impedance, the V672 haa more than enough juice to drive them both...

Back