Advanced audio capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deepdark

Hi guys

I would like to know if someone has de xperiance with them. Quality, sound, etc. Do they worth it? I guess they probably come from china, isn't it?

Thanks

Some are the same as microphone parts.
Dave and the crew are great people!
If you want to test k47 but cheaper, join the groupbuy ;)

You can always find someone who wants 2pcs also ;)
I think that is better to pay 30$ or 40$ more and get 4pcs. than get one for 100$. Isn't?
I use different k47, like the previous versions of mparts (with plastic ring) and these are great.
I doubt that these like aa sell are worst (RK7 on mparts).

I recently got myself a pair of CK12's from Advance Audio. Great communication, and the capsules are beautiful.

I used them in a pair of Devine / iSK BM600 mics, to create a pair of "faux"-CM414's but for a lower price :D Nearly all the signal-path components were replaced (matched as close as i could, between the two mics) - only stock components left are the transformers.  Also did some tweaking in the DC-DC converter, to increase the capsule bias voltages.

Unfortunately, i can't really comment much on the sound, just yet, only to say that they're damn quiet (noise-wise) :) But i've talked to a couple local audio-guys and i'll try to source a real C414 for some direct comparisons, in the near future.

ln76d said:

...for the most part, Dave's capsules are not from the same manufacturing source as microphone-parts.com (actually, Chunger sources his Chinese capsules from the same source as Dave)...only the 32mm K47 variant was shared by both...both sources are very credible, but they differ in design and construction...

...Dave's K47 variant is 32mm, MP's is 34mm (32mm discontinued)...
...Dave's C12 variant has isolated backplates (4 wires), MP's does not (3 wires)...Chunger offers same as Dave...
...Dave's K67 variant is 35mm, MP's is 34mm...Chunger offers same as Dave...
...Dave's capsules are all 6-micron mylar, MP's vary 3-6 micron mylar...
...Dave's capsules employ all brass retaining rings, MP's use both brass and plastic...

...just sayin'...

kidvybes said:
ln76d said:

...for the most part, Dave's capsules are not from the same manufacturing source as microphone-parts.com (actually, Chunger sources his Chinese capsules from the same source as Dave)...only the 32mm K47 variant was shared by both...both sources are very credible, but they differ in design and construction...

...Dave's K47 variant is 32mm, MP's is 34mm (32mm discontinued)...
...Dave's C12 variant has isolated backplates (4 wires), MP's does not (3 wires)...Chunger offers same as Dave...
...Dave's K67 variant is 35mm, MP's is 34mm...Chunger offers same as Dave...
...Dave's capsules are all 6-micron mylar, MP's vary 3-6 micron mylar...
...Dave's capsules employ all brass retaining rings, MP's use both brass and plastic...

...just sayin'...

Thanks for this comparison!

I own a couple of advanced audio cm47s; one with the stock 32mm capsule and the 'special edition'. They are good mics and can be perfect for that right vocalist.  They also work well with guitar with the cm47se definitely better in the mid range and more pronounced in the highs. I use them both often on drums.  So yeah I like them  although the stock mic had to be repaired shortly after i purchased it used. It was kind of a bummer since i purchased it used they offered no warranty even though it was less than two years old. Dave is s super nice guy though and still offered a discount.  I would say the SE definitely gets more use.  I plan on getting a microphone parts mic but i will definitely get a nicer capsule for it since IME the capsule makes the biggest difference.

Deepdark said:
hehe yeah I see the groupbuy. I would be in for 2, but not 4

In the groupbuy topic,  another member from Quebec is interested in 2pcs. also.
Maybe mini groupbuy from groupbuy?  ;)

Back