Afgan bailout

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I havent seen much reference in any brewery threads about the ensuing collapse of the puppet government in Afganistan ,
but I havent been reading all that much in here either ,

The Bush/Blair (and others)project comes to fruition ,
An illeagal war seeds a trade in illeagal drugs , a trade route so to speak , many of the servicemen become hooked on the opiates and end up caught up in a wheel within a wheel , its a game of risk vs pension plan . Theres always an insider deal to be struck in war , theres a hidden force looking for plausible deniabillity on the back of the iniative of guys trying to dig themselves out of hell on earth from whence they came and where they get sent .

Rumour has it there were under mountain mines in the northern region of Afganistan with minerals key to Nasa's deep space projects , not to mention of interest every other space contractor , the ion propulsion system , where a cathode emits particles and its focused electromagneically and used to propel a space craft forward.

Some bunch of people have already worked out the 'key gains' of going to war , collateral damage on your own population is never figured in ,
Look at nuclear technology , can we be sure were around for the next 190.000 years to contain the plutonuim we.ve created , scientific infalibility is just the same as papal ifallibility .

If you.we,me as Westerners are not ashamed by the mess we contributed to in Afganistan , were as good as complicit.

Is it just an illusion or does America(and its entourage)mostly go to war under Rebublican rule and pick up the pieces under Democratic to gain back lost face on the diplomatic front internationally until the next plan is hatched, locked and loaded , the flip-flop becomes more extreme until it goes bang in a spectacular way in the end,

CBW , crash bang wallop , its a perfect metaphor for where we are now as a species .

Native American prayer , may I walk a mile in my neighbours moccasins before casting judgement ,

Ahhh come on Mat , dont try and twist my arm , America divided is a world divided

It’s no secret, the majority of Americans wanted out of there. But the manor in which we did it was poorly executed, and that’s putting it mildly. What we fail to understand is that culturally they will wait until it’s time, so for example had we stayed another 100 years and then left, we would still see the same results we are seeing now. About the only way to really achieve any victory would have been to wipe them off the planet turning the area into sheet of glass in the process. 🤔

come on I spent hours this week writing about exactly this in the "middle east friendship thread".

I gave up arguing about history.

Congrats to all America's haters, you've had a good week.

Not so good for the world, but I guess that depends on which team you are rooting for.

JR

The Yanks are not the only ones int here - we Brits are up to our arm pits in it right now. The government is being bollocked by the press for not getting all the Afghan translators out who may well be executed by the Taliban. Our forces are still there trying to fly people out but the AUgust 31st deadline, set by the US, means we may not get them all out. The SAS are porbably all over the place. 26 of them got cut off and they had to be rescued. Let's hope the rebels will be properly supported by the west.

Cheers

IAn

Its not all about the USA either , in fact in this conflict all sides have come out badly .
The streets of our own towns and cities are awash with opiates in the last 10-15 years .
Its very visible , with people gouched out in doorways and down piss alleys .
Dublin , the capitol always had bigger problems than other smaller more regional cities and towns , but in recent years 'the gear' is turning up even in very rural areas , small towns and villages .

In the late 70's early 80's we did see a massive rise in opiate usage in Ireland ,corresponds exactly to the period around the time of the Russian/Afgan conflict . Even the Russians pulled out eventually from an unwinable war .

The Yanks are not the only ones int here - we Brits are up to our arm pits in it right now. The government is being bollocked by the press for not getting all the Afghan translators out who may well be executed by the Taliban. Our forces are still there trying to fly people out but the AUgust 31st deadline, set by the US, means we may not get them all out. The SAS are porbably all over the place. 26 of them got cut off and they had to be rescued. Let's hope the rebels will be properly supported by the west.

Cheers

IAn
Indeed a number of NATO allies are caught up in the grossly mismanaged retreat. I am sorry for all involved. The recent very bad news is that the Biden administration reported shared names of US citizens and Afghans who helped western forces for the Taliban to let through the airport perimeter that they controlled. Apparently they didn't stop some suicide bombers and ISIS fighters.

This list of Afghan nationals who helped the west, will likely become a kill list after soldiers pull out.

JR

Let's hope the rebels will be properly supported by the west.
You want them to perpetuate endless war by continuing to flood Afghanistan with weapons? Still haven't learned your lesson about foreign intervention.

US made a peace deal with the Taliban. War is over.

Congrats to all America's haters, you've had a good week.
There was no ISIS in 2001. That's all your doing.

So thanks America for taking a shit situation and making it 10 times worse. That's the real truth here – they're leaving Afghanistan worse off than 20 years ago.

Latest posts

Back