Ai and music

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Artificial Intelligence is starting to take over. Beach Boys fans know that Brian Wilson was obsessed with Spector’s production of ‘Be My Baby.’ What would sound like had Brian Wilson recorded it? AI has the answer…

Its a very believable result , thats the scarey thing about it ,
Maybe the bullshit supermarket/elevator music with AI renditions of all the popular hits is destined to take over ,

Ive been having fun at Deep.AI , its text to image conversion , Jolly Green Giant got me the creature below ,
For fun I created a text to image portrait of a girl I know , even she agreed it turned out quite a good likeness ,I only had to input two words in the description , Sexy Latina .
Hair and eye colour were spot on , also the proportions of the face itself bears a striking resemblance , there is some a-symetry in the portrait that might well improve matters if it was corrected , still though quite an impressive result .1680787946302.png

Attachments

• Chic.jpg
    Chic.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Blues player.jpg
    Blues player.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Its a very believable result , thats the scarey thing about it ,
Maybe the bullshit supermarket/elevator music with AI renditions of all the popular hits is destined to take over ,

Ive been having fun at Deep.AI , its text to image conversion , Jolly Green Giant got me the creature below ,
For fun I created a text to image portrait of a girl I know , even she agreed it turned out quite a good likeness ,I only had to input two words in the description , Sexy Latina .
Hair and eye colour were spot on , also the proportions of the face itself bears a striking resemblance , there is some a-symetry in the portrait that might well improve matters if it was corrected , still though quite an impressive result .View attachment 107534
Yes. This one result was quite believable. When it first was presented to me, I thought it was some sort of outtake or some other “lost” recording. This is because Wilson was a huge fan of spectors productions. To add to it, it was not glitchy.

Artificial Intelligence is starting to take over. Beach Boys fans know that Brian Wilson was obsessed with Spector’s production of ‘Be My Baby.’ What would sound like had Brian Wilson recorded it? AI has the answer…
That's if he'd sung the song - I don't hear a difference in the production. I think it's a far cry from what it would have sounded like if Brian Wilson "recorded it"
I've heard the story that Brian Wilson heard "be my baby" on his car radio and was inspired to write "Don't worry baby" - Listen to that song and you'll hear what Brian Wilson would do - absolute genius. And compare the chord structures of the two songs too. "Be my baby" is straightforward, "Don't worry baby" goes from one key in the verse to a step higher in the chorus. And it works! Transcends inspiration. AI is far off from doing that.

Interesting to hear it kept a lot of Ronnie Spector's pronunciation and vocal characteristics -- except her vibrato, which is almost entirely removed (you can hear a little bit of it still).

There was an AI tool several years ago that could turn the timbe of one instrument into another, like make a sax sound like clarinet, and similar stuff going back quite a bit in DSP. This could be an extension of those techniques. [EDIT: on reflection, it's probably the same deep fake stuff used for just doing voices, and then maybe autotuned? You can use all the same time stamps to replace the voice samples. It's very cleanly done, even just the part where they removed Ronnie's voice.]

That's if he'd sung the song - I don't hear a difference in the production. I think it's a far cry from what it would have sounded like if Brian Wilson "recorded it"
I've heard the story that Brian Wilson heard "be my baby" on his car radio and was inspired to write "Don't worry baby" - Listen to that song and you'll hear what Brian Wilson would do - absolute genius. And compare the chord structures of the two songs too. "Be my baby" is straightforward, "Don't worry baby" goes from one key in the verse to a step higher in the chorus. And it works! Transcends inspiration. AI is far off from doing that.
Yes. But the fact AI got this far was impressive. If it didn’t sound like one of the backing tracks minus lead vocals, I wouldn’t believe it.

Back