AKG and electret capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maneco

Hi all!

i saw an schematic in Gyraf for the AKG solidtube,electret...on some places i've seen people buiding microphones by surgering and improving small electret capsules...so the question is:
Is it posible to build something like the akg mic with electret capsules?

Thanks

dont know the answer to your question, but a bump for ya.

just checked out your site. your music is AWESOME man! glad to have you here! those loopers look insane. beautiful work.

Thanks!
this forum is reaaally adictive! ...i've spent many hours reading meta's,evrything's about...the quality and amount of information is increedible,as is the gnerosity of guys here...
In a few words...i'm having a great time :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

First, the AKG electret capsules do not have an internal amplifier in them - the Panasonic electret capsules do. This means you will need a high-impedance JFET amplifier. Not hard, mind you, but you will need it.

Basically, the AKG (and most Audio-Technica) electrets can be treated pretty much the same as any condensor microphone capsule except that you do not need polarization voltage.

Now, the acoustic design of the AKG capsules is much more refined than the typical low-cost electret capsule - the capsule design of the C451B (which is an electret) is pretty much identical to the old C451EB except that a thin electret film has been applied to the backplate - and the C4000 likely uses an electret version of the teflon CK12, but that's just by looking at the capsule photo in the service manual.

Hope that helps.

-Dale

Latest posts

Back