AKG C3000 (2009-2012)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jobair Ahmed

Does anyone know what kind of capsule that is? Is it an electret or a true condenser?
I bought this microphone last year from the Facebook Marketplace, but I got scammed.
I mean, it has a very low gain. It does not work like any other condenser microphone. You have to boost your gain knob by at least 60 to 70% for a decent gain.
A few days ago, I sent this microphone to a technician, and he said its capsule is damaged i have to change the capsule.
So I opened this and touched the capsule. and now it looks like this.
Now I want to change the capsule and replace it with a CK12-style capsule from Ali Express.
Will it work? Or should I choose an electret capsule instead of CK12?
please help me to repair this microphone.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-13 at 02.02.22 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-13 at 02.02.22 (1).jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-13 at 02.02.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-13 at 02.02.22.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Sc810cc4707e24c39b66620d01fdeca32E.jpg
    Sc810cc4707e24c39b66620d01fdeca32E.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
  • I500323470-1z.jpg
    I500323470-1z.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 0
Maybe you can find a cheap C2000,3000,4000 nearby and replace the capsule with the original? They are all the same, also the SolidTube and C214.

You can't use a condenser capsule there without providing a polarization from the phantom (not imposible but guess it wouln't be that easy in a small smd pcb). So look for a electret ones, there were a large electret somewhere in market.

For the polarization mod, could work just two high resistors like 10Mgs (easily aviable in electronic repair shops) joining together from xlr + a cap to ground and going directly to the capsule without any more filter? 3 small components are not so difficult to install anywhere.

Last edited:
Maybe you can find a cheap C2000,3000,4000 nearby and replace the capsule with the original? They are all the same, also the SolidTube and C214.

You can't use a condenser capsule there without providing a polarization from the phantom (not imposible but guess it wouln't be that easy in a small smd pcb). So look for a electret ones, there were a large electret somewhere in market.

For the polarization mod, could work just two high resistors like 10Mgs (easily aviable in electronic repair shops) joining together from xlr + a cap to ground and going directly to the capsule without any more filter? 3 small components are not so difficult to install anywhere.
Can you please help me choose the right Capsule for me ?
1. JLI-3410AU
2. JLI-3412
3. JLI-3413AU01

https://groupdiy.com/threads/new-ish-electret-capsule.76460/#post-1064801
Here's the thread on that one. Yes it's an incredible capsule, and not just for it's price.

I actually had a local Norwegian producer give me two of those c3000 mics to mod, and do whatever I like to make them sound better. Without me explaining anything about capsules I just used these cheapo capsules instead of the stock ones and asked him to try them out. Since he's been using them as his main drum overhead mics.

You have also these, less bright but also less low end.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msu2zHc
Both are smaller than your stock capsule, so you have to find a way to fit them there.

Stock Akg capsule in that model is a quirky one, i actually believe both of these cheapies would be an improvement.

https://groupdiy.com/threads/new-ish-electret-capsule.76460/#post-1064801
Here's the thread on that one. Yes it's an incredible capsule, and not just for it's price.

I actually had a local Norwegian producer give me two of those c3000 mics to mod, and do whatever I like to make them sound better. Without me explaining anything about capsules I just used these cheapo capsules instead of the stock ones and asked him to try them out. Since he's been using them as his main drum overhead mics.

You have also these, less bright but also less low end.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msu2zHc
Both are smaller than your stock capsule, so you have to find a way to fit them there.

Stock Akg capsule in that model is a quirky one, i actually believe both of these cheapies would be an improvement.
can i use it on Focusrite CM25 MK iii Microphone?
Can you please tell me why my CM25 microphone is producing a cracking sound ?

Attachments

• cracking sound.mp3
    78.1 KB

Latest posts

Back