AKG c414 EB P48 tantalum values

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Khron! I've managed to find the service manual here, so it has all the necessary datas.

Attachments

• AKG C414 EB P48.pdf
    313.1 KB · Views: 23
May well have been quicker (not to mention more efficient) to just google "c414 p48 schematic" from the get-go..? 😁

Two observations there.

1) Those three capacitors are 22nF , not uF (as in, nanofarads versus microfarads).
2) They are most definitely film or ceramic capacitors, NOT tantalums.

As such, quite often the lowest voltage rating for film caps ar those values is 63V anyway, so no worries there.

Two observations there.

1) Those three capacitors are 22nF , not uF (as in, nanofarads versus microfarads).
2) They are most definitely film or ceramic capacitors, NOT tantalums.

As such, quite often the lowest voltage rating for film caps ar those values is 63V anyway, so no worries there.
Thank you Khron!

No idea, i avoid them. Not quite like the plague, but i trust electrolytics more. Less chance of failing short-circuit, more forgiving of minor "abuse" etc.

No comments on "sound" though.

No idea, i avoid them. Not quite like the plague, but i trust electrolytics more. Less chance of failing short-circuit, more forgiving of minor "abuse" etc.

No comments on "sound" though.
Can a tantalum be wrong when everything seems to be ok on its surface, meaning looks like a good one?

Can a tantalum be wrong when everything seems to be ok on its surface, meaning looks like a good one?

Most problems with some really old Tantalum capacitors is that they fail short circuit, visiually they can look ok but it's pretty easy to measure with the DMM if they are short circuit or not.

Latest posts

Back