Ali Express???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

circuitfreak

Hello, i am mostly a lurker that loves DIY electronics. I am looking at the two mic bodies, link below-actually tried to purchase, and system went haywire on me, and somehow my account with them got deleted. My first time trying to purchase from them...anyone here have a positive experience, or should i run?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804882508249.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US
1675727102026.png

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804772665677.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US1675727071956.png

I am not into mics, so don't listen to me.

I use AlExp mostly for "safe" generic things. From screws, terminal connectors and solder paste to helper DM. Depending on your region, there might be import tax.

Bundled orders or above minimum threshold (couple dollars) ship faster. Shipping time to Japan varies (fastest was 8 days, average of three weeks, a few take very long, one hasn't even shipped yet after two month (unusual), but 10 more days and can claim for full refund.

The web interface sometimes gives me "server is busy, try again in 10 minutes"). I think it happened to me too when I registered with them

Finding the optimal/most trustworthy offer can be time consuming. Final shipping cost only clear when products are placed from watch/wish list into basket. checked in 'Shopping card' and appear in 'summary'. Some stores offer coupons, and there are sales periods.

Some product explanations are confusing or downright useless. I don't buy what I don't understand.

Two days ago I filed for a refund on a bag of cheap and flimsy toggle switches . Easy process and I received the refund within 20 minutes. (I'm a regular with them. Refund came directly from Ali, I assume -- not the store.)

With any product, I'd look for number of sales to date and reviews.

The two mic bodies you linked to show only 3 orders and 25 orders. Maybe there are other sellers.

If you register and order, it should arrive (at some point), whether usable or not I can't say. Maybe search this forum for 'mic' & 'ali'.

Last edited:
Your account getting deleted was a blessing. I just deleted mine. I used to buy a lot from them until I tried to return something. If they think they are China's answer to Amazon, they have a LOT to learn about customer service. First they routinely use "bait and switch" techniques to show you a product at a great price, but you have to make sure which small photo (to the right of the main product image) is selected. Otherwise you will end up ordering the wrong thing. Then they will refuse to let you return it. Then you will get pissed off, tell them where they can go and what they can do when they get there, and delete your account.
There are two Chinese microphone entities that I communicate with and have purchased things from directly (3U and Ningbo). as far as all the other stuff I used to get from aliexpress, I'm looking for another non-Alibaba-owned marketplace.

Latest posts

Back