Altec 1592A - EQ Repair / Schematics Needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilan

Hi,
I got this Altec 1592A from Ebay in a non-working condition.
It seems like everything works well beside the EQ section on the master channel.
I've opened it up and it seems like one of the legs on the EQ on / off switch is disconnected as well as the mid leg of the high frequency pot. (both marked in red circles) :
2ufsysy.jpg

The only schematics I could find online was the schematics of the 1592B but it seems like the two models contains different 'tone control' and 'amp' boards so it don't really helps.

Does anyone who owns an 1592A mixer and could please open it up and see how the EQ on / off switch and the high frequency pot connected?
Or any one have the 1592A schematics and can help me with this issue?

Here's the schematic of the 1952B tone control (maybe that can give someone idea)

fz16qq.jpg

Rackmonkey,  maybe you have also the parts locations of the other components beside the ones that located on the amp board?
I'm looking for C21, C22, C23 etc and I don't know where to find them...

C21, C22, and C23 are in the lower middle of the schematic in the Tone Control section. There are no more schematics or parts lists in the manual. I'll pull all the images into a PDF and you'll have the whole thing.

Thanks again Rackmonkey, now my 1592A working great!!!
You made my day perfect!

Back