Altec 9475A clone PCBs High Noise- Anyone seen these?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2N5088's working well in original 9470A's. Noise significantly lower, though it's apples to oranges since the comparison was funky transistors.

Response measuring same as other originals, -1dB 12Hz-31K, -3dB 6Hz-58K. Very smooth curves, no bumps. Curious how the Lundahls measure.

2N5088's working well in original 9470A's. Noise significantly lower, though it's apples to oranges since the comparison was funky transistors.

Response measuring same as other originals, -1dB 12Hz-31K, -3dB 6Hz-58K. Very smooth curves, no bumps. Curious how the Lundahls measure.
I should have done a sweep while I had them on the bench. The client is a regular, maybe he'll let me steal em back for an afternoon!

I should add I measured HFE from this new lot of 100 2N5088's at 380-460, I picked from around 400, and there's no runaway oscillations as I experienced with NTE199's when HFE was as high. Lower HFE NTE199's seemed fine, though some of what I just replaced were NTE199's I'd put in 20 years ago, and they'd also drifted out of matching spec.

Latest posts

Back