Alternatives for Bruel & Kjaer Type 2012?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilmister

Hey folks!

Like in subject, I'd like to know is there any cool alternatives for Type 2012 analyzer?
My main DUT's are microphones and TSR or similar is a mandatory due lack of anechoic chamber.
All I've found this far is Listen Inc's SoundCheck but all my mails I've sent to them have became straight back with error messages...

Thanks in advance,
Paavo

The closest (including $$$) is the latest Audio Precision with Prof. Angelo Farina's log sweep method.

Slightly cheaper is his Aurora plugins to work with Audition.  There is a version for Audacity.

ARTA is used by several mike designers.

For an inexpensive R&D (and particularly Production Test) setup which is very easy to use, I highly recommend Clio.  Their inexpensive microphones are probably the only ones whose calibration I believe.  If you have Clio & the AP, you'll find yourself using Clio a lot more.

Download & read the Clio manual on quasi anechoic measurements regardless of what you get.  It is the best, clearest & most USEFUL explanation of this I've seen.

BTW, all the above use Angelo's method.

Back