Amazon parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Anyone ever ordered parts from Amazon?

Due to a rush job, I was forced with a dilemma, use my Amazon prime to overnight needed potentiometers for free or spend an arm and a leg to overnight from mouser which they didn’t have the correct series in stock. So I went with Amazon. So far so good.

I ordered some panny fm and they were fine afaik... Good price too....
It's an odd one....The store fronts seem legit but then everything ships from Amazon warehouses usually...
Had some questionable GM parts from there but never could get to the bottom if they were legit and different looking or something else...Crickets when reaching out to GM and AC Delco....
All kinds of theories online...like factory clearances, rejects..etc...
but heck, my wife bought me a nice pair of headphones years ago from Scam Trash and they were clearly fakes.... Of course management didn't have an answer....

Over the years I've ordered thousands of dollars of guitar and electronic parts through Amazon. Problems have been few and far between, and always handled expeditiously and in my favor. I guess I'd say, I've never been screwed by Amazon.

I buy way too much stuff from Amazon.... I only have one glaring unresolved transaction in recent memory.

I would say that they are good 99.9% of the time,,, That 0.1% kind of sucked. Don't waste your time trying to talk to a human to resolve it. The good news is that it wasn't much money, mostly just irritating. I ended up re-purchasing the "stuff" I needed directly from the actual manufacturer (and I told them how bad Amazon was trashing their brand.)

JR

The only issue I've had with parts: read the fine print, as a lot of shops are actually fronts for Chinese vendors, meaning that their shipping prediction is way off base. I had ordered three sets of aluminum control knobs, and had to wait about 4 weeks for them to arrive, despite being 'Prime' and claiming an estimated arrival date of 1 to 5 days.

The parts themselves were incredibly nice, and about 80% cheaper than through a US vendor like Parts Express or CE Dist, just wasn't prepared for the long wait.

The only issue I've had with parts: read the fine print, as a lot of shops are actually fronts for Chinese vendors, meaning that their shipping prediction is way off base. I had ordered three sets of aluminum control knobs, and had to wait about 4 weeks for them to arrive, despite being 'Prime' and claiming an estimated arrival date of 1 to 5 days.

The parts themselves were incredibly nice, and about 80% cheaper than through a US vendor like Parts Express or CE Dist, just wasn't prepared for the long wait.
It appears that the loophole allowing small dollar amount direct shipments from china to avoid tariffs is being closed. https://www.npr.org/2024/09/13/nx-s1-5111427/shein-temu-white-house-biden-rule-china

JR

Have used trim pots and electrolytics from them and they worked fine. Trimmers were cheap but as long as you don't expect too much they work well.

I've heard there are problems with quality of electronics - Docking stations, computers, cameras, that kind of thing. Sold as new but actually B-stock or refurbs

Back