AMI / Tab-Funkenwerk Delivery costs just quadrupled?!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zim

I was going to get a couple of AMI’s input and output transformers for my La2a build - checking costs, I put the basket together a couple of weeks ago and delivery to the UK was around €50.

Went to complete that same basket today - delivery is now €200!! That can’t be right can it, what can possibly have changed to make delivery costs quadruple? There’s no way to contact them either, as they only give details for their dealers and they don’t sell the tranformers

Ian, Transformers - Tab-Funkenwerk

That is crazy though, have you emailed them to see why? Try [email protected] (clicking the 'contact us' takes you to another page than the dealers sub-menu)

I was pondering ordering one of their A-24s but even at ~£50 shipping (plus taxes, fees etc) I was talking myself out of it. Maybe a UK group buy would mitigate the cost if they might consider doing a cheaper combined shipping fee.

Thanks Untune, I bought one of their T8 transformers back in April for a Banzai KM84. Just checked the invoice for that and found that sales email address, so I‘ve emailed to see what’s going on.

Out of interest - the shipping for that T8 in April was $30, today for just the T8 it’s $98. (Should add the circ €50 was shipping for T8, A10 and A24 and that’s now €198. It’s also €198 for just A24 on it’s own))

I’ll update as and when I hear back

Cheers Zim, please keep us updated as I'd also like to know what the deal is with them. They appear to be the most legitimate alternative to the originals available

I just tried adding a pair of the A-24s and calculating shipping for myself and indeed, FedEx economy is just shy of €200 so it's not an issue with your order or anything like that. There are other US-based transformer makers (forget who) I believe won't entertain overseas shipping at all, so maybe they're following suit?

Quick update: Good news - just heard back from Tab-Funkenwerk and apparently:

"Yes there is an error with the Fedex plugin, we are refunding extra shipping charges.
Apologize for the inconvenience."

I've asked if they know when it might be resolved (I'd want to know a final price before ordering rather than hoping for a refund), will let you know when I hear

Thanks Zim—out of interest when you bought from them in April, what were the import fees etc like?

(PM if you prefer!)

Cheers

Thanks Zim—out of interest when you bought from them in April, what were the import fees etc like?

(PM if you prefer!)

Cheers
I trying to find that this morning bizarrely - I couldn’t remember if i got lucky or not and was looking to see if I got an email from the delivery company but couldn’t find one I have a vague feeling I didn’t get any, but please don’t go by that.

It’s another reason I wouldn’t want to rely on a refund for the delivery cost though - Pretty sure fees, duty etc are based on cost including delivery, so if the wrong amount goes on the form that would massively bump the import costs which wouldn’t be included in the Tab refund obviously

Very lucky! Guess it's a roll of the dice with such things. I think below a certain amount you're good, but I doubt it'd come under when you factor shipping in

But I absolutely agree, you want the invoiced amount to be spot on, hopefully they will have it fixed soon!

Well - still haven’t heard anything back from Tab-Funkenwerk.

In other news, the quote for shipping has now gone up by another $40, so there’s that...

Quick update if anyone comes across this in the future...

Seems they’ve fixed the problem now and shipping costs are showing up correctly.

If for any reason it goes wrong again, I had contacted their sales email and they had said they would send a paypal request for the correct amount rather than going through the website and getting a refund etc. Didn’t need to in the end, but something to try if it happens again when you’re looking to order, and nice to know Tab-Funkenwerk were on it with the customer service

shipping cost just across the us are high now$35 for small items $25 at the USPS. I have worked with TAB and Dennis is a good person.

FWIW I just got some AMI tx to the UK a few weeks ago, they are beautiful.

I just paid the high shipping and AMI were in touch immediately with a note about the Fedex plugin issue and refunded the difference.

AMI were responsive and attentive to my questions/emails. Good stuff.

They look legit, not had time to test yet.

Latest posts

Back