Amp builder wanted for 4x6v6 30 to 40 watt clone of 1957 Gibson ga-40 and stock ga-55 clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone !

I am looking for a builder that can build two different amps for me . The first is a clone a 1957 gibson ga-40 but with 4 6v6 tubes and buffers transformers to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 to 40 watts , like the double 5E3 deluxes do . I have an output transformer that was wound by Matt at musical power supplies that is his opt33 plus with interleaving . He also built me a power transformer and choke , but I wa stood by my normal builder that the power and choke were not up to spec. I think I accidentally told Matt the wrong spec on them by showing him a the schematic for the stock 2 6v6 ga-40. So if you can give me the specs I can. Get the transformers wound by him or if you have something on Hand you think would work for this build not opposed to it as long as it’s in good shape and good quality . I have a guy locally who can build cabs for me really affordably just the cost of labor , and materials . Im trying to keep these builds affordable . I would probably need up I to have the faceplate done , I want it to be the brown color the Gibsons used as I will be making the cabs two tone like they were . I’m going to attach the schematic for my ga-40 below . I checked and like is the higher gain non padded down front end version with 51k input resistors .

The second amp is the 2 tone Gibson ga-55 . This amp is pretty similar to the 5c8 tweed twin I believe with treble and bass controls and about 25 to 30 watts from cathode biased 5881s . They made an amp with the same name in the 60s that is completely different with 4x10 that is a really clean amp , I don’t want that I want the 50s version. I haven’t checked the schematic , if it doesn’t look right let me know please ! Same as the other Gibson amp I have all tubes and will have the cab built here I just need a chassis and faceplate. If you can get me the specs for transformers I can have Matt wind them .Schematic is attached below also .

If anyone is interested in these builds let me know !

Thanks !

Ethan

Attachments

• 4FDDD9AB-4DD5-4120-9426-FBB8152CD7AC.jpeg
    4FDDD9AB-4DD5-4120-9426-FBB8152CD7AC.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 20
  • ga55.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 12
Hey! Unfortunately I can't help with your request, but I did want to let you know that you've posted this in the "Available for Hire" section (indicating that you are offering a service that people can hire you for), and I think you wanted to post it in the "Jobs Available" subforum instead. Good luck!

Hi
Same here.
Just to let you know I can let for reasonable $ a pair of Vortexion huge transformers (output for 100w amp), probably the best in this range...

Hello everyone !

I am looking for a builder that can build two different amps for me . The first is a clone a 1957 gibson ga-40 but with 4 6v6 tubes and buffers transformers to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 to 40 watts , like the double 5E3 deluxes do . I have an output transformer that was wound by Matt at musical power supplies that is his opt33 plus with interleaving . He also built me a power transformer and choke , but I wa stood by my normal builder that the power and choke were not up to spec. I think I accidentally told Matt the wrong spec on them by showing him a the schematic for the stock 2 6v6 ga-40. So if you can give me the specs I can. Get the transformers wound by him or if you have something on Hand you think would work for this build not opposed to it as long as it’s in good shape and good quality . I have a guy locally who can build cabs for me really affordably just the cost of labor , and materials . Im trying to keep these builds affordable . I would probably need up I to have the faceplate done , I want it to be the brown color the Gibsons used as I will be making the cabs two tone like they were . I’m going to attach the schematic for my ga-40 below . I checked and like is the higher gain non padded down front end version with 51k input resistors .

The second amp is the 2 tone Gibson ga-55 . This amp is pretty similar to the 5c8 tweed twin I believe with treble and bass controls and about 25 to 30 watts from cathode biased 5881s . They made an amp with the same name in the 60s that is completely different with 4x10 that is a really clean amp , I don’t want that I want the 50s version. I haven’t checked the schematic , if it doesn’t look right let me know please ! Same as the other Gibson amp I have all tubes and will have the cab built here I just need a chassis and faceplate. If you can get me the specs for transformers I can have Matt wind them .Schematic is attached below also .

Thanks !

Ethan
what's your budget?

Hello everyone !

Thanks !

Ethan
Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back