An odd ask...trying to respect intellectual property here...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
Ok, so about 3-4 years ago I bought a NYD-EQ in the black market...honestly I think it was capnspoonys...but since there are no pictures coming up on my search here (only on google not here) I am at best guessing...

So here's my dilemma...I have finally gotten around to dusting off this project and am considering blending it into my Dual REDD.47 or maybe just doing a JM990 to make it live...but before I go live (as in hive)I need to make it live (as in give)...

Not dissing the former builder, they got much further than I have...but I cannot get it to pass signal and the main thing I am missing here is a map...no "schemo"...

Now I rightfully agree and support NYD's removal of said maps...that being said, I find no way to contact the aforementioned cartographer to secure permission or perhaps any indication that a map is available anywhere at all.

I am not asking to bend the rules or disrespect the genius behind the design...I simply am trying to see if I can get this unit to follow some kind of audio rule that is obscured by the fact that I have no idea where to find which sea it is floating in...

Currently only one of the transformers is wired into the switch...the unit looks like (and if I recall there was an effort to make it into some kind of opamp gain block but that idea got scraped before being sold on the auction block) it was headed towards some kind of opamp circuit with led indicators and power switched wired into the case, but alas that day never arrived...so I have a semi-wired up NYD-EQ but no idea HOW its wired up...and without a schematic I feel I am swimming in peanut butter.

What is the proper code of etiquette here? I have reached out to the original owner but I am also not certain that is who I bought it from...

I really need a schematic but don't want to ask for it.

pucho812 said:
I think asking for a schematic would be o.k.

I can point you to NYD's design notes as I am sure people have them.

Thanks, I currently have nothing except a pdf where someone was inserting the EQ into another project, but it is not a real schematic...it just shows the filters and switches...I have a lot of work to do here because I am probably going to have to sort out which inductors are which...who's on first and who is up to bat...

Anyone who can send me any info is appreciated...for some reason the twin-x picture pages are ...not...anymore for me.

I'm going to put on a pot of coffee and read all the threads to the end.

Sadly I am assuming Dave himself no longer frequents the board since he has not posted in a few years, do you think he would respond to a pm or is he off planet?

Just for FYI, the electronic_dave email he provided no longer seems to be active it gets bounced by yahoo...the "right click-save" enter into wayback machine also provides no results.

I applaud the sentiment to respect IP. It seems pretty rare these days with clones of clones everywhere.  :eek:

The patent system is set up to disseminate knowledge (inventors publish their technology in exchange for limited exclusive use in commerce). Non-commercial use of even patented technology has always been allowed (I doubt we are even talking about patents here).

JR 

Thankfully a member here was more adept in wayback than I seem to be...I have the outline of a map now and the real work begins...thanks to all who understood my intent...

I've been kicking around intention lately...reached an age where my age has required me to focus more on less distractions...

It's easy to roll through life and get to a place where there is no beneficial output and your circuits are tired...what ARE we in the end?

You gotta step back and look at the spread of it all...the entire equivalent circuit of your various parts...I've always loved music and recording...from the time I was 14 and "borrowed" two of my preacher dads cassette recorders so I could record more than one part...bouncing back and forth between to mono sources for an entire weekend with my guitar in the kitchen (everyone was gone to some kind of church conference, I was in heaven)...but then life happened faster than a bullet...and here I sit surrounded by full grown versions of the same gig...ProTools/Logic 3 different consoles, a wall full of guitars keyboards and even a mockingly hard to record banjo....all kind of saying "Hurry up Mark your parents will be home from the conference soon and you have not finished your songs!"...

Anyone else enjoy trying to build more tools to excuse your lack of creativity in the kitchen as much as I don't?

But I guess its the equivalent circuit we should be seeing...what are any of us in the end?

Thats kinda why I appreciate Daves absence of input...its part of the circuit we all contribute to others...sometimes the passive part is the best part...we leave a little trace maybe a bump in a certain frequency in someone elses life...who knows how it all adds up?

Thanks for the help here peeps...long may the red light stay on in your world...

Anyone else enjoy trying to build more tools to excuse your lack of creativity in the kitchen as much as I don't?
Catch that vid I posted a few weeks back on the 'Toolbox Fallacy"?    :'(

Latest posts

Back