Annual 60/40 Audio Awards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matriachamplification

Wall Thomas
Annual 60/40

Registration Opens: March 1, 2021

Event: Friday March 5 to March 7, 2022

Hosted by Majestic Electric Organization

Educational Partners

DIYRE
MicParts

Erica Synths
Electro Harmonix
Weber Amplification
Custom Tube Consoles

Funded, curated, owned and operated by the DIY community, MEO is thrilled to announce the first Annual DIY Audio Awards or ADIYAAs

ADIYAA was devised as a realistic solution that honours the design and manufacturing of pro audio tools outside the framework of retail music chains.

With a seemingly countless amount of categories to decide from, we have opted to create a single “Class” at launch that we’ve sponsored, with more categories to be added at your/our discretion.

Audio Autodidact Award

This honour is awarded to the Teacher who most inspires productivity and creativity while striving to educate. AAA’s are nominated then selected by registered or volunteering members of MEO.

Opens March 1. 2021
www.majestielectric.org

Wallace Thomas
Founder of The Majestic Electric Organization

Hello GDIY members,

after some initial issues with satalite internet, registration is now open.

Basic Membership $9.99 - for those beginning their adventure in DIY Audio.

Premium Membership $29.99 - for the more expereinced builder

VIP Membership (Life) $99.99 - for the builder whose built a lot!

You can pay directly on the member registraton form or if your not interested in membership but still wish you support Majestic Electric and the ADIYAA's, we've added a donation button to our website.

What are you paying for?

All membership fees and donations support the development of:

-An official brick and mortor ADIYAA Galla
-Support for Mr. Thompson-Bell & Custom Tube Consoles
-Hi-def photos and cinematic film styled video content
-Annual Member "Show & Tell"
-Bulk Buyers Club
-Annual DIY Audio Raffle
-Support therapy for the Mentally Disabled
-Get discounts on tools and various DIY Kits
-Behind the scenes access to our 2021 builds
-Help MEO hire an artist and film editor
-Help grow the DIY Audio community in a positive, progressive way

Thanks for taking the time to read. We are beyond excited to reach this point and have major forward momentum behind us.

The Majestic Electric Organization
Communication Collaboration Creativity

www.majesticelectric.org

matriachamplification said:
I should have pointed that out, our apologize and thank you for clarifying.
No problem. As you know I am happy to support you in your efforts in any way I can but there is absolutely no need for me to  receive any payment as a result.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
No problem. As you know I am happy to support you in your efforts in any way I can but there is absolutely no need for me to  receive any payment as a result.

Cheers

Ian

Well my wife says we should be payng you for my therapy lol
She is putting together a gift basic from some local artisan farmers :)
To follow up, other then CTC Cards, money was only discussed for build part pricing.

While on the subject... What is the money for?

I will go into our plan in the next post when ive had a cup of coffee. But it revovles around RCA :)

"While on the subject... What is the money for?

I will go into our plan in the next post when ive had a cup of coffee. But it revovles around RCA :)"

~

To start membership fees do not pay for any salaries, office space, or overhead. All fees contribute directly to physicial properties. I am on Gov. Disability and can legally only make $250 cad a month. I am also a hot pepper farmer whose known locally as "the hot sauce guy". You dont get known as the hot sauce guy unless you've earned it. Finacially my family and I are secure. My dedication and time is free, as it is from all parties invovled.

Do you like looking online for vintage consoles? I presonally do.

Vintage Console Restoration Fund - 2021/2022 RCA

The VCRF is by far the biggest expense we will continually create a slush fund for. This amount will be listed PUBLICLY on our site homepage so that ALL members can see the budget and help us find, secure and purchase vintage equipment to repair, host in our program, or raffle off at the Award ceremonies.

Subject A - RCA BE-1A Passive Inductor Based EQ

The BE-1A sells for $1500 usd refirbished or un-checked. We will rehaul, test and assess the BE-1A in a developing maintenece program we had been discussing with Doug @EmRR to lead in some capacity (however pandemic pushed development back and forced some changes in our platform that we are presently retooling)

Custom Tube Console

Majestic Electric Organization has invested $20,000 cad into our first "concept" Custom Tube Console. MEO has need for a 4 channel in house voice over studio. The first console built will be on tour and showcased at some of the worlds most established studios. More on this as it devlelops.

MEO is building mutliples of ALL Thompson-Bell designs for the program with the intentions of donating overages to our raffle packs.

Member Accreditation/Validation

Along with the educational platform MEO has partnered with 9 Established DIY Manufactureres to create a catalouge of builds that when Members accomplished we list on the public members pages. Futhermore, we can include builds outside of our partners kits to expand YOUR profile as a professional audio technician.

To be completely transparent, we have run the idea of an official Credited program with several Colleges and Universities who are interested in helping see this become official. That said, this is/was only through my personal contacts and research. For this to grow into something regulated, it would be outside my comfort level to spearhead.

That said... we aim to eventually create several in house casual job opportunites in hopes of solidifying a core team to persue these and other more ambitious goals.

To finish up none of this is a "concept". My family and I have been organizing Game Development and Film Production events for over a decade. We have tested hands on, in real time brick and mortar events, the requirements to host a fantastic Award Ceremony.

Website is in beta, with content being added as we secure some details from our partners.

Be Well :)

Attachments

• IMG_4064.jpg
    IMG_4064.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Back