Another Genelec 1031A amplifier bricked

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rava

Hi,

I have been having minor issues with one of my 1031As for years now. After a while the bass speaker would exhibit audible distortions. So far the solution has been to resolder the STK4241V amplifier chip only to have the problem come back a few weeks later. By now the PCB is heavily damaged and today I think I managed to break the STK itself as well - One of the fuses keeps blowing. So I guess the card's gone for good.

In short I wonder if anybody has an idea on how to replace this particular PCB along with some suitable electronics. I realize the Genelec comes in many variants. Mine has three vertical PCBs. The one that's broken contains a rectifier, voltage regulators, caps and the amplifier itself (REV E).
So I hope to really find a replacement that's compatible.

Happy to consider community PCBs if they are truly compatible and I can get all the relevant parts.

cheers
Rava

Attachments

• IMG_2103.JPG
    IMG_2103.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
did you contacted Genelec? they keep spare parts for long time. I bought a woofer for one of my 1030 a couple of years ago from them.

I contacted Genelec already. They were really friendly but no spare parts are available for these speakers or at least for this revision.

really bad reputation amongst repair techs

Thanks. I'm happy to switch to any other driver that fits the specs or even a discrete setup. It only needs to fit the chassis and needs to contain the required PSU.

Latest posts

Back