Antek!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysolinski

This is not an ad or spam and I am in now way connected to these guys..Their service is outstanding! I ordered a transformer late in the day and received it 1.5 days later with no rush order or anything...and the shipping wasn't inflated....amazing service...

Cheers,
Ray

I've been happy with what I've received from them in the past. However, I heard here that some of their higher VA transformers don't fit in a 1U par-metal chassis, even though it looks like it would be close based on measurements.

The Antek cores have a more square cross section so the higher VA units are taller. The Avel Lindberg cores are flatter with the cross section more like a horizontal rectangle so they are not nearly as tall. I was able to fit an 80VA unit in a 1 3/4 in. chassis for an API module rack supply. This transformer will supply 2.2A for +-18V. Here is what it looks like:

ps_part_layout.jpg

[quote author="burdij"]The Antek cores have a more square cross section so the higher VA units are taller. The Avel Lindburg cores are flatter with the cross section more like a horizontal rectangle so they are not nearly as tall. I was able to fit an 80VA unit in a 1 3/4 in. chassis for an API module rack supply. This transformer will supply 2.2A for +-18V. Here is what it looks like:

ps_part_layout.jpg
[/quote]

That's the Antek in the photo? Pretty snug but functional?

I seem to remember another source for cheap 18V toroidals, Allied maybe? I remember someone suggesting them for the SSL 9k or one of those projects (1U).

They might be good with stock transformers.I had asked for a quote for the PM670.Not even a courtesy reply.Nothing ...nada
Now Edcor and AvelLindberg responded to my request within 24 hours .I've heard from other forums that Antek's communcation is flaky and that has been my experience too

Latest posts

Back