Any contact to Neutrik?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyraf

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
Hi Group,

Do we have contact to any insider at Neutrik that can be asked hard questions?

It seems they've discontinued my favorite XLR chassis connectors (NC-3FP1B / NC-3MPB) - there are rumors they will perhaps choose to substitute with almost-identical, but I can't get this confirmed anywhere.

I will have to take a design decision sometime in near future - I'm running out of the real stuff..

/Jakob E.

Thanks but

1) I'd like them to be gold-plated contacts (I've never had a single fail with the neutrik golds)
2) the cliff male version 6106 above could do in a pinch - but the female 61900 is a "D" size, different mounting and dimensions

/Jakob E.

..yeah, but both those are "D"-size, would require mechanical redesign..

I don't get why neutrik would discontinue the whole series - I have them here on a Siemens/wsw mixer from 1974, so it's not like they don't have deep roots

Easier to standardize on D-shells for everything? Rather than one shell for the male and a different one for the female...

I don't get why neutrik would discontinue the whole series - I have them here on a Siemens/wsw mixer from 1974, so it's not like they don't have deep roots

Yeah, I get it. I've always used D series, and in fact have ordered panels assuming they were for D-Series (I mean, WHO DOESN'T USE THE WORLD STANDARD D-SERIES?!?!?!?!?!?!) but they were another size.

But I suspect D-Series will outlast any of us, so you might have to do some re-designs.

Hi Group,

Do we have contact to any insider at Neutrik that can be asked hard questions?
As an FYI, when I called Neutrik USA two years ago with some questions about one of their products, they put me in touch with the people I needed to talk to. They were VERY helpful and gave me all of the info I needed, including the knowledge that they had a PDF drawing online of one of their products that had bad information on it. Which was the source of my problem.

So I can't hurt to make a phone call.

I had great support from Neutrik while working at Peavey but we used to buy truckloads of Neutrik connectors.

Small companies are likely to get less comprehensive support, individual DIYers little to none.

If not urgent they will probably have a trade show booth at the musik messe in Frankfurt in a few months, with company principals in attendance. Over the years I had multiple meetings with them at that trade show.

JR

Latest posts

Back