Any downsides to rewiring MK-012 connector?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t see how they could be different

The only thing I could think of was different construction, membrane connected to buffer circuit vs. backplate connected to buffer circuit. I have not seen how those capsules are constructed and connected to the contacts, so I don't know if that is physically possible with those capsules or not.

Any explanation for why different generations differ in pin 3 vs. pin 2 hot? Assuming it is generation based, the previous post just said "some" are pin 3 hot and some are pin 2 hot.

Any explanation for why different generations differ in pin 3 vs. pin 2 hot? Assuming it is generation based, the previous post just said "some" are pin 3 hot and some are pin 2 hot.
Low paid workers who don’t care.

Straight up wires in the wrong place, likely no direction about where they should go.

I don't know how or why, but whether used with FET follower, or tube cathode follower circuits, the MK-012 capsules always invert phase.

In both cases, the capsules were polarized with positive voltage.

the MK-012 capsules always invert phase.
I guess that makes sense, from a fundamental level the capsule is a capacitor with (almost) fixed charge. Q=CV, so if you hold Q constant, V=Q/C.
When a positive pressure change occurs the membrane moves closer to the backplate, which increases capacitance, which decreases V.

Back