any one clone a moogerfooger????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanxe

hey, i was just curious about the moogerfooger pedals......
particularly the MF-104 Analog Delay
This product was produced as a limited edition of 1000 units and is no longer in production. i have seen these go on e-bay for over $1000 (although e-bay is the home of the bid war, compulsive buying, bidding-just-to-win).
My buddy actually owns one (he spent something like $600 when it first came out)...... it is amazing, best delay i have ever heard. its almost an instrument its self, as i have had fun for hours just turning the knobs to see what comes out.

i just wondered if anybody knows about the insides......schematics, etc.

why did they only make 1000? i heard it was because of some of the parts being used?

thoughts?
thanks,
Ryan

if my memory serves right:
Bob Moog did the remake of his delay pedal because he had found a small NOS supply of some very particular bucket brigade chip that pretty much IS the sound of that delay. he only made a 1000 cause thats all the chips he had!

-bryan

Bob Moog did the remake of his delay pedal because he had found a small NOS supply of some very particular bucket brigade chip that pretty much IS the sound of that delay. he only made a 1000 cause thats all the chips he had!

ok, now i remember,
yeah, i think thats what i heard. damn.

might want to check out the blacet time machine kit @ www.blacet.com
A Real "Groover" Fooger!
The Legendary 1980's Time Machine is Baaack....
i have looked at these before.....how are they?

thanks guys,
Ryan

lanxe wrote: "Legendary 1980's Time Machine is Baaack....
i have looked at these before.....how are they?"

they're great, very flexible. ..they're also unavailable from time to time due to BBD shortages.

edit: shoot. screwed up html 'quote' tag.

Perhaps a home made BBD the size of a shoe box would be an interesting thing to build if someone was reeeeally bored....

The MoogerFooger ring mod would not be hard to clone, but probably not worth the effort, it would be alot of work. But it is just a four quadrant multipluer built up around a LM13600 and a simple triangle/square VCO built around another 13600. Throw in a LFO and a whole pile more of those 13600s to make everything voltage controlable. The blacet Time machine is alot like the moogerfooger, and cheaper, alot of control and patch points.

If you want to talk about building a BBD you should probably dig through the SynthDIY achrives sometime, there has been alot of talk about that over the years. They even brought it as far as takeing it to the all tube BBD.

adam

I have the time machine and I am VERY satisfied, great and versatile, especially if you hook it up to a modular synth or just get some external LFO's.

If you are into moogerfooger's filer I would recommend the filtrex from www.oakleysound.co.uk . Really flexible with ladder filter (the moog design), pre amp, envelope follower, envelope generator and LFO. All on one PCB (but quite large)! This was my first ever DIY project and it sounds GREAT!!!

Robert

Back