Any one know about these transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziller

Hi all - just signed up, so let me first say this is a great forum (been lurking a while)... lots of good info.

I've got a couple of projects goin on, one of which is a bogen rework. It's an MX30A which has 4 t-200 transformers in it.

Another is this really cool old army tube amp (AN/PFP-1) that was part of a projector set. This thing is built like a tank. Has 6L6s. Very cool. If anyone is interested, I can post some pics. Anyway, it has a Thordarson 51645H input transformer in it (150 to 150K).

Anyway, my question is, are either of these transformers worthy of a decent mic pre? The bogen is alreay hacked up, so I could just try those. I was using the army one as a guitar amp, but it started smokin while I was playing, so I shut it down. I was goin to fix it up, but instead I may just "borrow" the transformer out of it, if it's good for a mic pre.

Some other projects I've got goin on... I recently recapped and tuned up an old hammond chord organ (model S). Not for the faint of heart. There were ALOT of caps in that thing! I must have replaced over 100 of them. It looks like an orange grove in there now. There are 18 6SN7s in it, with a 6V6 power stage. Sounds great though.

Thanks... Ziller

I don´t remenber the exact specs of the bogen. I think it´s a 1:10 with a 200ohms primary. I have succesfully used those in a tube mic preamp. Go for it!!! I don´t think the shield is anyway closer to the big UTC or triad transformer, s try keeping power supply away of those.

Latest posts

Back