Any Tim Campbell capsules available?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ankitmastakar

Hello!

I'm on the lookout to buy a Tim Campbell CT12 capsule at the moment. I have written to Tim, but unfortunately have not heard anything yet.

Please let me know if any of y'all have any leads!

Thank you!

Move this to Black Market. Probably more likely someone selling would look there.

I have two CT12s and they are worth the wait, whatever Tim's lead time. That being said, Ben's (Beesneez) CK12 is also an unbelievably great sounding capsule and may have more availability. One is not better than the other, just different taste.

Pretty sure Tim and Eric are busy with commercial clients right now. You could always try Beesneez or OPR. Those are the only two I know of who make that style of capsule too (unless you could get Telefunken to sell you a C12 or 251 replacement capsule).

I am sorry that I cannot supply private customers right now. I like nothing better than selling to the DIY community but I am just currently too booked. I would also caution against buying used capsules of mine. I have changed my capsules over time whenever I found a better process or benchmark. Lately a few customers have reached out to me after buying capsules that were described as being recent but turned out to be more than 10 years old and in bad shape and were charged more than my current price.

I hope by summer my workload has slowed a bit.

I am sorry that I cannot supply private customers right now. I like nothing better than selling to the DIY community but I am just currently too booked. I would also caution against buying used capsules of mine. I have changed my capsules over time whenever I found a better process or benchmark. Lately a few customers have reached out to me after buying capsules that were described as being recent but turned out to be more than 10 years old and in bad shape and were charged more than my current price.

I hope by summer my workload has slowed a bit.
Thank you so much Tim for your reply! I totally understand.
If at all by summer shall you have any available, count me in!!

Thanks again!

I was trying for a while, bugging Tim every so often, but after not hearing anything I moved on. Not in some frustrated internet-crabby state, just understanding that people who make great products get busy and the window when I might have had access to buying their very well regarded products might just be closed for the time being- or maybe for good. I went ahead and got a Beesneez CK12 for a D12 I was building and then tried an OPR to upgrade a Mic Parts build I'd kinda written off- really made it a mic I use a lot. Both are great, but I will say the OPR is a pretty awesome capsule with not as much love- at least as I've seen in my lurkings around here. Not only that, in my utter stupidity I fried the OPR after I got it and feeling dig-a-hole-in-the-ground-and-hide dumb, I reached out to Mark at OPR. Such a nice guy, made me feel a lot less stupid for trying to learn stuff and repaired it for me for a very reasonable fee. I'm a fan.

Back