Anybody know anything about UTM industries transformers ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I did, i bought Igor three of his 3503! Very nice build quality, fast shipping (from order to reception i think it took two three weeks).

They sound very good, but i think i still prefer AVD's 2503 for how they distort with drum machines! I can send you sound files if you send me your email in a pm!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-27 at 17.12.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-27 at 17.12.02.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 18.48.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 18.48.34.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 26
Hi,

UTM is an IGS Audio daughter company. It's located in Poland, Katowice.
Email address is [email protected] or [email protected].
We ship transformers worldwide by FedEx, but other shipping options are also available for the request.
The newest version of the catalog is attached, but we also do transformers for special orders. More types of transformers are coming soon. Stay tuned and don't hesitate to ask questions. Enjoy!

Attachments

• UTM_Catalog2B.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I am a little concerned about the quoted specs of these transformers. For example the UTM3501 is a 150:600 step up output transformer. However its primary inductance is quoted as 250mH which at 20Hz represents an impedance of just 31 ohms. It really should be significantly greater than 150 ohms at 20Hz to be classed as a 150:600 transformer. Seems to me it needs at least double the turns.

Cheers

Ian

The input transformers look nice , very much paterned on the Neve/St ives/Carnhill
Price looks good too , 37Euro +p&p where the equivalent Carnhill from AML would be 56 euros +p&p + tax and collection charges into Europe . Output transformers seem a little less competitive pricewise compared to Carnhill but would still work out cheaper than importing from the Uk to Europe .
I guess it wont be long before we start hearing peoples experience with these .
In any case its good news for DIY that a new source of audio transformers is available to the European market from our Polish friends .

Last edited:
I just went to order few transformers to check them out.
But something is broken on the webpage. When it gets to the payment method selection it just freezes. Can't go to the last step to pay.
I reloaded the page and went to see my orders. Now this part of "my account" is on polish language so I couldn't follow what's going on.
I hope this is temporary.
Anyone had similar experience?

:)

Luka

I just went to order few transformers to check them out.
But something is broken on the webpage. When it gets to the payment method selection it just freezes. Can't go to the last step to pay.
I reloaded the page and went to see my orders. Now this part of "my account" is on polish language so I couldn't follow what's going on.
I hope this is temporary.
Anyone had similar experience?

:)

Luka
It happened to me as well, i couldn't order for more than 100e it seems, if i added quantities it would remove the payment option... Send Igor an email to confirm that your order went thru, that's what i did!

Hi,

I did, i bought Igor three of his 3503! Very nice build quality, fast shipping (from order to reception i think it took two three weeks).

They sound very good, but i think i still prefer AVD's 2503 for how they distort with drum machines! I can send you sound files if you send me your email in a pm!
are they the same size as capis ea2503 outputtransformers?

The input transformers look nice , very much paterned on the Neve/St ives/Carnhill
Price looks good too , 37Euro +p&p where the equivalent Carnhill from AML would be 56 euros +p&p + tax and collection charges into Europe .
I think that's the idea. Taking advantage of Brexit :) The inductors also have the same footprint.

Latest posts

Back