Anybody willing / able to fabricate a small metal part?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron_swanson

Hello,

Anyone here with the ability and will to machine / bend / fabricate a small part for a Fender amp respiration?

I’ve made several failed attempts using my regrettably inferior tools and skills.

I’ve also searched the Internet looking for a suitable retail replacement part, but found nothing and Fender has discontinued the amp and replacement parts for the same.

The part seems to be made of mild steel bent to facilitate wrapping the AC power cable when not in use. 1/2” wide x 1/8” thick. The total length is about 6 inches.

While the part isn’t critical to finish the restoration, it would be nice to get a replacement if that could be had at a reasonable cost.

I have one of the two parts required, so I have an example to measure and to use as an example. ( See attached )

Thanks in advance!
Greg

Attachments

• 38991E8A-71E2-4FC1-B6C2-CCDC4E9F459D.jpeg
    38991E8A-71E2-4FC1-B6C2-CCDC4E9F459D.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 18
John,

You would think so, but I have yet to find anything that would even be a reasonable replacement for one or even both parts. I’ve have also been looking for vacuum cleaner parts as you suggested. Nothing.

~Greg

2f99f728-edce-4a04-bca9-dd78189e52d5.13081d68451c42b45fc5d82c3bc0b8cc.jpeg

heres one example from walmart search "cord cleat"... walmart

11069_1.jpg

fabric site

JR

Latest posts

Back