Anyone bought this capsule mount and tried it?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this listing is by getwin. they are a small TC that specializes in mic stuff. They're fairly reliable! Most of the stuff they carry is from all over so compatibility may vary.

Hi guys, can someone please take a screenshot of this Aliexpress offer? The link does not work here - geoblocking. I am interested in what you are talking about. Thanks!

Anyone bought this capsule mount and tried it? What did you think?

I just ordered one to give it a shot and see how it is.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803623394342.html
I just realized that this very 34mm saddle comes with the Focusrite CM25 (as part of the Focusrite Scarlett Studio pkg), and the mic alone is often available on eBay for $30-40, since it's the weakest item in the package. The electret CM25 is internally the same as the Monoprice LC100, except for this much better capsule saddle. So, for little money you get a nice 2SK660 FET with Schoeps-style circuit board, a (maybe) usable body, and a pretty good 34mm rubber-post saddle.

Attachments

• cm25.png
    cm25.png
    486.1 KB · Views: 0
  • CM25-circuit.jpg
    CM25-circuit.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just realized that this very 34mm saddle comes with the Focusrite CM25 (as part of the Focusrite Scarlett Studio pkg), and the mic alone is often available on eBay for $30-40, since it's the weakest item in the package. The electret CM25 is internally the same as the Monoprice LC100, except for this much better capsule saddle. So, for little money you get a nice 2SK660 FET with Schoeps-style circuit board, a (maybe) usable body, and a pretty good 34mm rubber-post saddle.

Which version / generation is that?

Most likely - i have a pair of the 3rd gen ones. Despite that, the internals look very similar; can't comment on the capsule though.

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_164630.jpg
    IMG_20230320_164630.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Back