Anyone ever heard of Audio Concepts, Inc.? (Quantum?)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreams

So?

Got a console to part out. It's got 75101 input transformers on each mic pre, bunch of (as yet unidentified) output iron in the master section. Lots of cool knobs. Heavy duty aluminum frame? Otherwise fairly cheesy: 301 and 318 opamps throughout, 4136 gyrator type EQ, basic summing stuff.

To me, this board screams 'Quantum Audio Labs'. I've got a few channel strips from a Quantum QM series board, and although the layout is different, seems like the same thing. Also the PCBs have part #s like QAL-1637 QAL-1638, etc.

There's no info that I could find on the net about Audio Concepts Inc, and only slightly more than no info about Quantum. This board is called a "Concept 1". Maybe this board is an early Quantum? ;)

No idea. Probably gonna part it out regardless, because although it's not in TERRIBLE shape, the amount of work required to restore it is probably more than the console is really worth, fully operational. I'm open to dissenting opinions though.

yeah , I believe there is no upgrade or replacement for the 4136's , Hope the transformers are decent quality
or it's worth the time to strip it ! Good luck .

Back