anyone know what's happened with Tube Equipment Corporation / Larrchild?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Larrchild obviously hasn't participated here in years.  For quite a few years now, the Tube Equipment Corporation site has been reduced to a 'coming soon' showing an SR-71B prototype, and everything else is gone.  The original SR-71 always to me seemed to be the best Fairchild 670 clone in both concept and price, beating any reason I'd ever have to build the Drip versions, for instance, once you factor labor.  Hope they're still running, or happily retired, whichever.  No real trace of him anywhere anymore. 

I noticed that yesterday after I took your advice emrr on looking through threads of his and others to find information on sidechain.

He has a great sense of humor and his knowledge is top tier as is his ways of discussing topics.

Here's one quote of many I saved in my list...

"Sounds good to me.
I might add, that in the sidechain,  the more you have instant availability of current to charge the time constant RC capacitors, which are low impedance until they charge, the faster your attack time will be."

Good stuff....

While I do not know a complete status for that man, I can tell you he is alive and by all accounts well. I see him in my facebook feed as we are involved in some of the same facebook groups.

Indeed, Larry is a friend of a friend and by all accounts is doing well in his new line of work.  I spoke to him maybe 2 years ago when I was calibrating a friend's SR71.  I miss his posts here.

Back