anyone play with this yet?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like a solution looking for a problem to me. Most schematic software nowadays saves the files in plain text format, which means they lend themselves perfectly to version tracking tools like Git or SVN, which are used in softare development. Altium for example already has an integrated solution for collaboration on projects from several designers. And of course no serious company would ever send PDFs around to each other, they all work with a centralized data solution.

To get an engineer to switch his long-learned design tools for something else, you need very compelling arguments to make the effort worth it. I don't think that (possibly?) improved collaboration processes or social media style comments on a schematic are those for anyone. Plus, doing serious design work in a browser is an automatic no for me.

Looking at the web site first page I have not got a clue what this is or what it does. Shape the future of hardware, together. What the flux does that mean?

Edit: The video was a little more helpful but completely devoid of meaning.

Cheers

IAn

I would agree. I got to beta and was not sure what the point was other then anyone on the team can accesses and use it but like most audio companies the teams have their software and workflow so I wasn’t sure what they are hoping to achieve.

For those who were raised on GitHub I can see how this would be attractive.
Really, why? I'd much rather stick to Github and keep on using the tools I already know. I'm not missing anything in terms of collaboration with team members. My company has all the schematics etc. pushed to the private git repository. Considering that most hardware designs these days also have some form of code, it also helps to keep stuff in one place.

Back