Anyone worked on an API 7600?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salomonander

Hey there,
a client gave me his 7600 channel strip for recapping. I just opened the lid and im about to turn the job down. It seems like a mechanical impossible task. There are two pcbs with multi row plugin connectors all over the place (in the middle of the pcb - not possible to see anything when trying to plug these back together). I dont see how i could ever put it back together after disassembling. Any ideas other than turning the job down?
thanks!

Attachments

• 5245D70F-0C22-4AB3-A91A-8A49CF6DB536.jpeg
    5245D70F-0C22-4AB3-A91A-8A49CF6DB536.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Extender cables to open up the two pcb’s is the only way to lay them into view. I built them for my console and glad to have them when working on a 550 eq or 528 ch amp.

Also if there are that many connections, perhaps pulling them apart and re seating might get it working.

Is there signal at the 2510’s/2520’s? (check on the back side). Do you have a pcb /socket to plug a 2520 in and test if they work? My console does not use 2510 amps. But I’ve heard they are notorious for failure.?

Hey there,
a client gave me his 7600 channel strip for recapping. I just opened the lid and im about to turn the job down. It seems like a mechanical impossible task. There are two pcbs with multi row plugin connectors all over the place (in the middle of the pcb - not possible to see anything when trying to plug these back together). I dont see how i could ever put it back together after disassembling. Any ideas other than turning the job down?
thanks!
If you haven't got the manufacturer's jigs for this don't do it. There are 10's or even hundereds of connections to get lined up. It is not your problem till you accept the job. It is the client's problem for buying what he thought was a bargain.
I wonder if it's the same job I refused recently!

Latest posts

Back