Ap*gee does drums

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipwave

This is a good-natured trash talk directed at a brand I own gear from, so I feel entitled to judge how they manage their brand. Now please take it in the spirit it is given - gentle ribbing for laughs.

I clicked on this blog post on the Ap*gee site out of morbid curiosity and I got oh so much. Has their marketing budget been slashed?!

https://apogeedigital.com/blog/how-to-record-acoustic-drums-with-a-compact-setup-in-2024/

Next, read the author’s bio in Will Ferrell’s voice:

“Driven by a lifelong passion for drums that ignited at age 12, Diego has explored a vast range of musical styles from Rock to Jazz-Rock...”

They'd probably get way more hits showing people how to repair their stuff...
I have been given the impression that their repair department is lacking from folks I know. I have never had to do an apogee repair nor do I use their stuff so I cannot say what is and what is not other then I have heard others complain. But that is normal with any company. I once had a complaint where the customer was mad we didn't give him tubes for free. There was no reason for a free tube exchange, a used unit off reverb does not qualify for free replacement tubes I don't care who you claim you are or how big you claim your reach is.

I have been given the impression that their repair department is lacking
I wouldn't know . I guess it is expected that converters with such small components and intricate top secret unsupported circuits would be expected to start failing sooner than some other things. I should remember that so my expectations can be met when deciding to purchase second hand in the future.

The only repair I have needed is a replacement faceplate for an AD-16X with bent rack ears.

They responded a couple days later, “We can send you a replacement panel for $195+shipping.”

In hindsight that price is not so unreasonable.

Back to their blog post, I keep giggling at

“… a vast range of musical styles from Rock to Jazz-Rock...”

Back