APB-DynaSonics ProDesk-4

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel1010

Does anyone have a schematic for the stereo and mono preamps for repair?
One channel no longer seems to amplify properly, another no longer runs properly in stereo.

I really like the mixer and would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Thank you for your advice John.
I'm in the process of sorting this out directly with APB.

I like the Peak/VU meter in the master section. Great work ...

Very interesting, John.
I like the APB ProDesk very much. A great console.
I have now isolated the problem a little better. The stereo input buffer board uses several THAT 1296 IC's for 4 stereo channels. One of them is broken and somehow 2 resistors are gone, but I can't see the values anymore. Too bad but I'm still working it out with the EU distributor.

Hi Daniel,

I was the B in APB (Taz Bhogal) and co designer of the console. You can PM me if you don't get an answer.

Hey JR ...it's been a while, yes John WAS a great engineer and my dear friend and mentor, I learnt a lot from both of you.
Still have your code for the Meter :)

I really like the forum here. I really like all of you. And thank you, Taz. It becomes more and more interesting. I will make use of it if it does not go on here at the distributor. I miss here the A of APB, if I'm right that would be the Mr. C. Augustowski. I think he also still shows up :)

Last edited:
Hi Daniel,

I was the B in APB (Taz Bhogal) and co designer of the console. You can PM me if you don't get an answer.

Hey JR ...it's been a while, yes John WAS a great engineer and my dear friend and mentor, I learnt a lot from both of you.
Still have your code for the Meter :)
yo... hi Taz, small world. Yes, JP is missed (RIP).
I really like the forum here. I really like all of you. And thank you, Taz. It becomes more and more interesting. I will make use of it if it does not go on here at the distributor. I miss here the A of APB, if I'm right that would be the Mr. C. Augustowski. I think he also still shows up :)
Last time I talked with Chuck, I think he was living in Hawaii, but he was still keeping the APB plates spinning in NJ.

I don't expect Chuck to have much interest in circuit design.

JR

And to entertain you a little more, I can tell you the story of where I got the APB ProDesk.
I drove 800 miles by car a few years ago to pick it up from a well known musician in the Netherlands.
I was greeted by him very friendly and while I looked at the mixer we talked very pleasantly. At some point a really huge parrot took a seat on his shoulders. At the end we humped the mixer together into the car, a luck that the car was also just big enough. After that I got some licorice packs and we went back home.
I think the mixer and I have a history and probably therefore so connected to him.

Yes, Chuck is still involved with APB and now lives in Hawaii. He does attend shows, less so now with the pandemic and looking to get out again. I speak to him every now and then. I am no longer part of APB after it got sold but am always available to them when they need assistance on the very rare instances. I am, however, still in the audio/console design industry designing all the new Trident gear and design consultant to other renowned companies in the industry ....... working now from my home office in the London, UK.

JP, Chuck and I made a great team and were very proud of our products and the talented people we collaborated with (JR (y)). Glad to hear you enjoying the console.

The problem was solved by changing 2 resistors (10Ω) and 8 line receivers (THAT1296) of the stereo buffer card. A thousand thanks to Taz for the fast and great support. It's nice that you are on the road with us here and devices can also be maintained really well. This is also a sign of respect for nature.

👍

Back