APE EQ PCB (See video sample)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spencerleehorton said:
Hi,

Slight confused with this, could this not have the resistors soldered onto the pots?
this would help to bring down the size of the whole thing.
Are you planning on using a dual concentric? if so which one?
be great to hear some audio samples when you have prototyped.

could something like this be used?

http://www.surplussales.com/Switches/SWSealed-2.html

Rotary Switch
8P3T

Enlarge Image
(SWR) H-229814
CTS rotary switch. 3 wafer, dual concentric shaft. Top 2 wafers on 1/4" shaft 4P3T each. Bottom wafer on 1/8" shaft 6P2T. 2 amp, sealed. 1-1/8" x 1-1/8" square. Requires 3/8" mounting hole, 1-3/4" behind panel. 1/4"D & 1/8"D shaft. 3/8"D x 3/8"L bushing.

regards

Spence.

I designed to use it with potentiometer and switch.But you can change it.I calculated resistors to build original stepped gain,too.I will share.Using dual concentric is good idea but expensive...

By the way i used Grayhill switch to make pcb but i won't use Grayhill,actually.I made adapter pcb for Lorlin rotary switch.

Actually i designed it to use "what you want". :D Only the point is using cheap parts.

I will share sound samples,too.But gettin boards take some time.For now i'm only waiting.

Rocinante said:
This is definitely intriguing. Very cool. I hope this works out as Id certainly be down for a few boards.
Cheers
Dylan

In theory everything is correct and working.But if i did mistake when i draw Eagle project,you know...  ;D But i checked Freq Card with my "eyes" for now and there is no mistake.When i get Main Cards,i will see it's working or not.

And i'll build voltage follower,too.Designed as Classic API VF.Same pinout.

It's one set.I have two of them for sale.

WZ2a5Y.jpg

Next week you can buy.For now i have chance to send because of festive holiday.Post office is close.

Are these boards still available? All the images on page 1 are no longer able to be viewed from dropbox.

Latest posts

Back