APHEX CX-1 comps with meter problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andresound

Hi Guys,
I have a pair of these units and a pair of the EQ's all with JENSEN trannies. I have recapped them. They are working, but on one comp, the meter only works the bottom half of the bar graph. Does anyone have any ideas?

It’s weird sometimes with google search results. You never know what will pop up.

bar graph. Does anyone have any ideas?

I don’t have a schematic but I would think there is a problem with the drive transistor or maybe LM3900 chip if that’s what they used or the voltage from the GR function switch has low voltage. Check for backwards caps. Solder Bridge. Burnt transistor???

So schematic shows LM3914 driving the display. Since you have both units, measure between the good one and bad one and where voltage is low and check for solder bridge.

Here is the schematic if you need it

Attachments

• Aphex CX-1 Docs.pdf
    747.9 KB · Views: 1
If it’s not the chip, then it will be a bad led or more then one. Most of the time when this happens it’s a dead led and the metering won’t show beyond the dead one.

I had aphex cx1 about 20 years ago. I think I had a similar problem and after turning some trimpot for meter calibration or GR everything was ok.

Latest posts

Back