API 312 Thread!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just interested to know if I can use any voltage PCB mount relay (5/9/12/24V) on Fabio's board, so long as I change the supply voltage to it?

Thanks,

Steve

yep.. Pay attention to current draw on the relays though.. The 24v ones are nice..

-Jay

[quote author="BladeSG"]Just interested to know if I can use any voltage PCB mount relay (5/9/12/24V) on Fabio's board, so long as I change the supply voltage to it?

Thanks,

Steve[/quote]

Thanks Jay. I'll probably use a JLM PowerStation for my 312's anyhow.

Is there an advantage to using the 24V relays? I can get 9V or 12V ones easily.

yeah I'm getting that in Camino, but it works fine in Safari. Not sure about a PC. It's the PDF that's in the 312 Metas that Duka Sound made a few years ago - here's the link:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=290&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Thanks,
Siegfried

The top one appears to be the orginal... The bottom looks like it was modified to fit a different input transformer..

-Jay

hi siegfried,
jay is correct. the duka file has two boards. the top is the original board layout for the 2622 input and the lower one is a redisign by duka for an OEP input transformer. have not tried either one, but the top one is a redraw of the original 312 board.
regards,
grant

Great thanks. I'm sure I could find a way to fit the Cinemag in there. What is the OEP transformer - not familiar with that.

I also have a question on how people are wiring their EDAC connectors for 48v, Phase, Pad and voltage in/out. I'll probably use a JLM Go-Between. I'd like some pin outs if possible.

Thanks!
Sig

hi siegfried,
do a search for OEP on the forum. it's a rather cheap and quite good sounding alternative for many of the project builds here like the G1176, 312, baby animal, fetboy, etc. you can find them at farnell or canford in Europe. i'm in the US so i get mine from newark. i believe that duka and fabio have built 312s with the OEP transformers on input and they have been happy with them. check out the 312 build thread.
regards,
grant

[quote author="fallout"]The advantage of 24v relays is that they draw less current... I personally used them on mine..

-Jay[/quote]

Thanks again Jay :thumb:

Hello,

I am constructing preamp API 312 of Fabio. I am going to use the transformer input of Cinemag CM-75101APC. This transformer takes noticeable in red the pin number 1.

as it is the correct position to fit the transformer in pcb?

Somebody can help me with this doubt?

Thanks.

[quote author="delaymix"]Hello,

I am constructing preamp API 312 of Fabio. I am going to use the transformer input of Cinemag CM-75101APC. This transformer takes noticeable in red the pin number 1.

as it is the correct position to fit the transformer in pcb?

Somebody can help me with this doubt?

Thanks.[/quote]

Pin 1 of the 75101 goes to the hole marked "WHITE" on Fabio's 312 pcb. Note that when using the 75101, pins 2 and 3 are "builderer configurable" so you can run the input transformer at 1:5 or 1:10 (or use a DPDT switch to make it a front panel control). Either way, you must decide and then wire pins 2 and 3 appropriately as those pads are not connected to anything else on the pcb.

A P

Thanks for the answer A P.

what it would be the correct form to wiring a switch for the impedance of type DPDT?

my knowledge are small, sorry...

[quote author="AnalogPackrat"]

Bigger C3 give better bass response. Not sure what the tradeoff is. I'm using 1000uF. The originals used 250uF.

A P[/quote]

Just wondering about the statement above, I've searched this thread for info about C3 and cannot find anything else about the reason(s) why there are the 3 choices of 220uF, 1000uF and 4700uF.

Any ideas about the 'tradeoff'?

Thanks,

Steve

had to edit, just realised my 312th post is in this 312 thread. LOL!

Bigger caps are more expensive and they take up more space. Aside from that, the only drawback would be that a physically larger capacitor will probably have more inductance and therefore less than perfect HF response. If that's something you're worried about, then bypass the electrolytic with a small film cap (0.01 or 0.1 µF).

Latest posts

Back