• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

API 312 transformers

Help Support GroupDIY:

ilfungo

Hi
I want to buy :

4x 2622 transformers
4x 2503 transformers

In Europe
Offers , suggestions?
Thanks!

Ricardus

From what I understand for Europeans to buy from the US now is super expensive. Tarriffs and such. There must be someone in Europe who has an equivalent.

kazper

I'm sure Sowter makes an equivalent. Not sure if/how that would help. It's never been cheap to go from US to Europe, international shipping costs are insane now.

I did a Cinemag group buy years ago and 75% of them went international. Maybe there is a market potential for someone.

mjrippe

Interesting. Never saw those guys before. But I don't think they have any API clones. Looks like they're trying to clone Neve more than anything.
Their 3503 is a replacement for the 2503. The 2545 would likely be fine for input.

Ricardus

Their 3503 is a replacement for the 2503. The 2545 would likely be fine for input.
Yeah, I should have known with the 503 in the part number.

I was more getting at the fact that the PCB footprint on the input transformers is more the Carnhill style than the 2622 style.

igs

Have you used their transformers?

Can anyone vouch for them? I am curious to try their Neve inductor types when I build a Helios mic pre/EQ.
We use them now. The quality is great.
Here's the newest design guide.

Attachments

• UTM_Catalog0A.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

lukas

...UTM...this is IGS - Poland...whats the core we use them in nevish transf - oryginal shape, and mumetal, and winding schematics?

Last edited:

MisterCMRR

An interesting range of models - but where are specs? Turns ratio and DC winding resistance is just scratching the surface.

karloff70

Have you used the UTM 2555, anyone? Thinking of putting it on the front of a Roberts tube pre. Either that or a Sowter 1585. Any opinions on which wouId sound bigger? The UTM sure IS bigger IoI

mjrippe

An interesting range of models - but where are specs? Turns ratio and DC winding resistance is just scratching the surface.
If you go to the web site and click on an item you get a bit more info. Here is their spec for the 3503:
Ratio: 1:1, 1:2, 1:3
Impedance: 75Ω, 300Ω, 600Ω
Frequency response @15Ω source, 600 load: +/- 0.5 dB 15 Hz to 80 kHz (Ap)
Primary Inductance: 0.5H+0.5H
Secondary Inductance: 0.5H+0.5H
Total DC Resistance PIR: 20Ω+20Ω
Total DC Resistance SEC: 20Ω+20Ω
Max Level: @50Hz: +30 dBu

Latest posts