• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

API 312 transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilfungo

Hi
I want to buy :

4x 2622 transformers
4x 2503 transformers

In Europe
Offers , suggestions?
Thanks!

I'm sure Sowter makes an equivalent. Not sure if/how that would help. It's never been cheap to go from US to Europe, international shipping costs are insane now.

I did a Cinemag group buy years ago and 75% of them went international. Maybe there is a market potential for someone.

Have you used their transformers?

Can anyone vouch for them? I am curious to try their Neve inductor types when I build a Helios mic pre/EQ.
We use them now. The quality is great.
Here's the newest design guide.

Attachments

• UTM_Catalog0A.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
...UTM...this is IGS - Poland...whats the core we use them in nevish transf - oryginal shape, and mumetal, and winding schematics?

Last edited:
Have you used the UTM 2555, anyone? Thinking of putting it on the front of a Roberts tube pre. Either that or a Sowter 1585. Any opinions on which wouId sound bigger? The UTM sure IS bigger IoI

An interesting range of models - but where are specs? Turns ratio and DC winding resistance is just scratching the surface.
If you go to the web site and click on an item you get a bit more info. Here is their spec for the 3503:
Ratio: 1:1, 1:2, 1:3
Impedance: 75Ω, 300Ω, 600Ω
Frequency response @15Ω source, 600 load: +/- 0.5 dB 15 Hz to 80 kHz (Ap)
Primary Inductance: 0.5H+0.5H
Secondary Inductance: 0.5H+0.5H
Total DC Resistance PIR: 20Ω+20Ω
Total DC Resistance SEC: 20Ω+20Ω
Max Level: @50Hz: +30 dBu

Latest posts

Back