API 500 DBX 900 Prototype Jackpot?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conleycd

Just as I had resigned myself to having to etch my own fingerboards for some DIY projects to fit in my DBX 900 case and API 500 case I was turned on to this:

http://www.vectorelect.com/Product/Plugbord/Layout/3797-2%20Layout.pdf

I think the 15 pin edge finger board would work.  From my line up against the screen of my 500 card the pins fit exact.  The full edge maybe a little longer but I doubt they would make these and they not fit a standard 15 pin edge connector.  Even if the don't - I could sand down the side.

Combine this with an "L" Bracket and I got a bunch of stuff converted to either series.

BTW: I put a JLMaudio 5 power rail supply in my DBX 900 case so I have phantom power for some preamps!

Seems that Digikey is out of stock but said they have a lead time of about 1 week.  I've seen a supplier selling them for $15 USD.

Thoughts?

CC

I did do a version to fit the 500 series for the forum.... looks like this;
http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/AML-07-073a_600.jpg

I think that I also uploaded the Front Panel Express *.fpd files for 500 series faceplates and sideplates in another thread.... they simply screw together with some brackets which also come from the "front panel people".

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

There are people here doing what you describe already; consider it a path to take.  I can't point to a specific thread, but if you search various 500 threads you'll probably find it. 

emrr said:
There are people here doing what you describe already; consider it a path to take.  I can't point to a specific thread, but if you search various 500 threads you'll probably find it. 

Yup, I read and search a lot.  I'm just pointing out a product that enables converting any number of active projects like SSL 9k preamps (which in pure form require two separate bipolar voltages) to 900 series using the board I posted about. 

As well, this PCB card would enable a lot of projects to go unmodified to 500 series.

I'm just glad I don't have to get out my etching supplies and steal my wife's hot plate!

CC

Hi, search for the DBX 902 thread and you'll find some artwork I did for a DBX 900 series card and fingerboard
Sleeper

Back