API 512C schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if this is not the right forum to post this request. I've searched the Technical Documents Forum, to no avail. API doesn't share schematics, even in countries where they don't have service. Being in Portugal, i'm expected to ship this to Spain for service, i don't think that's fair so i'm trying to get the 512C schematic by other means. I know the 312 is relatively close, my tech has that one plus the 2520, but it's not enough to fix the problems he's encountering. If anyone can share the 512C schematic (through here or a DM), it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

What is the problem with it? Many API problems tend to be the opamp, so you could try that first. Don't have the schematic, but it's a relatively simple circuit, if you know and understand how the 312 works it shouldn't be difficult to fix a 512.

What is the problem with it? Many API problems tend to be the opamp, so you could try that first. Don't have the schematic, but it's a relatively simple circuit, if you know and understand how the 312 works it shouldn't be difficult to fix a 512.

I think he narrowed it down to the opamp, but he's not 100% sure. I'm currently trying to source an affordable alternative to the 2520. But a schematic would still be very helpful.

I think he narrowed it down to the opamp, but he's not 100% sure. I'm currently trying to source an affordable alternative to the 2520. But a schematic would still be very helpful.
I've got all sorts of 2520 options built up and ready to go. They're pretty common and easy to find.

It has a lot in common, but there's some key differences. My tech does have the 312 schematic and has been troubleshooting based on that, but he did hit a few snags.
Honestly, this is a bit of a red flag.

The circuits are so simple and so similar that if he or she is struggling they may not be the right person for the job.

The most basic scope probing will tell you where the failure is on these circuits (opamp almost always).

Being in Portugal

Olá,
eu sou Português também, tenho uma oficina partilhada com um técnico de reparação profissional.
Eu já costruí vários Prés API e conheço muito bem o circuito. o 512 é o mesmo Pré e circuit base do 312 que é um circuit extremamente simples e fácil de reparar, eu reparo-te isso na boa. Onde vives em PT?
Eu estou em Lisboa, dá-me um toque, 914263455.
Abraço

Tiago

hi!

I‘ve just repaired a 512c. Thought about the opamp first too. but actually it was the mic switch. got a replacement from the local api service partner.

chhers
max

Back