Apogee Rosetta 200 - What is value of C13?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HG-Tacos

C13 decided it was done with life. I'm pretty sure I know why, but I'll spare you the details at the moment.

I can't make out enough of the markings on the remains of the capacitor to identify a replacement.

Can someone who has one of these pop it open and let me know what C13 says on it? I think the 2nd line starts with a "2" and that's all I've got...

C13 is nearly in the center of the board - in line with the inside edge of the power supply shield. Fairly near the two risers for the expansion card.

And, without a schematic it might be hard to say - but where would C51 hook up if I had to run jumpers?

Thanks!

Ryan

Attachments

• 20230119_184906.jpg
    20230119_184906.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230120_162853.jpg
    20230120_162853.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Not sure about that one. But in my futile search to find a hi-res photo of the board somewhere/anywhere on the Internet, I'm pretty certain the Rosetta 800 has the same capacitor in the same spot on the board. Not sure if it's the same component ID, tho.

OK, from what I can tell, that part is a 100uF tantalum capacitor made by Kyocera AVX, rated for 10VDC.

I measured the remains of mine and it seems to most closely measure as a "Y" case size.

So... filtering by those specs on Mouser I get a ton of hits with 9 actually in stock. Some are 10% tolerance. Some are 20%. They seem to have varying ESR ratings.... any idea which one I need or which is the safest choice?

Here's the result page:
https://www.mouser.com/c/passive-co...nation style=SMD/SMT&voltage rating dc=10 VDC

OK, from what I can tell, that part is a 100uF tantalum capacitor made by Kyocera AVX, rated for 10VDC.

I measured the remains of mine and it seems to most closely measure as a "Y" case size.

So... filtering by those specs on Mouser I get a ton of hits with 9 actually in stock. Some are 10% tolerance. Some are 20%. They seem to have varying ESR ratings.... any idea which one I need or which is the safest choice?

Here's the result page:
https://www.mouser.com/c/passive-co...nation style=SMD/SMT&voltage rating dc=10 VDC

I doubt it would NEED to be the same brand...

Right. That's the least of my worries. I think the only 2 variables remaining are tolerance and ESR. I'm sure I can be safe enough going with 10% tolerance, but I dunno a thing about ESR when it comes to SMD crap.

Latest posts

Back