APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

thanks for posting
I have the PCB's available plus the pin sockets actually.
Pier Paolo

ppa said:
Hi

thanks for posting
I have the PCB's available plus the pin sockets actually.
Pier Paolo

Hello Pier Paolo,

Thanks for answering! I have only heard good things about your eq, so I wanted to check them out. I'm a newbie to DIY, so I'm afraid it might be too difficult to get them completed.
How hard is the build? And would it be difficult to get the full BOM and some building directions?

Thank you in advance

JulenJVM said:
Hello Pier Paolo,

Thanks for answering! I have only heard good things about your eq, so I wanted to check them out. I'm a newbie to DIY, so I'm afraid it might be too difficult to get them completed.
How hard is the build? And would it be difficult to get the full BOM and some building directions?

Thank you in advance

Thanks for comments.

I do not recommend APP540 eq for newbies just for its  complexity even if it has not trimmers inside to set.
APP540 complexity is similar to that of an 550 eq clone to be clearer.

Pier Paolo

ppa said:
Thanks for comments.

I do not recommend APP540 eq for newbies just for its  complexity even if it has not trimmers inside to set.
APP540 complexity is similar to that of an 550 eq clone to be clearer.

Pier Paolo

I agree with Pier that this is definitely not for those starting out with DIY. I did a write up on this forum a while back for those who are just now starting out building their own gear (https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=68195.msg867001#msg867001) and without trying to be self promoting, I would encourage you to read through it before you start ordering boards. It's meant to help people like yourself to avoid making all the mistakes and waste all the money I did trying to learn building gear.

Thanks!

Paul

Potato Cakes said:
I agree with Pier that this is definitely not for those starting out with DIY. I did a write up on this forum a while back for those who are just now starting out building their own gear (https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=68195.msg867001#msg867001) and without trying to be self promoting, I would encourage you to read through it before you start ordering boards. It's meant to help people like yourself to avoid making all the mistakes and waste all the money I did trying to learn building gear.

Thanks!

Paul

Thank you Paul for the advice, it's a very well thought out text and with very good intentions. I'm not your usual newbie though, I'm extra meticulous in everything I do, and take special care in new fields, like DIY gear for me. The first time I've picked up a soldering iron was last month, and I built a colour palette with 3 colour modules (vintage bundle). I started with the 15ips card, measuring resistors 3 times, and using the iron for the first time. This card was the sloppiest, but soldering the other modules was much better. I learnt to be aware of polarity (very well marked on all the pieces concerned), it's OK as long as it's clear where the + hole is. And then I built the palette, the most challenging piece, but the best is that it worked well from the very first time. I had to correct some cold solders (looked like bubbles), but it was easy, and it was an amazing experience that made my heart race. The best bit was when I plugged it in, the LEDs light up, all knobs worked, and all colour modules passed sound as expected. A great experience, not sure why I didn't do it before.

But maybe you're right, and I should go for other "easier" builds to get better, and come back when I have more experience. Hopefully Pier Paolo is still around in a few months time ;)

Off to research now 500 series eq kits now, thank you both very much for your time and advice.

ppa said:
Hi,

yes, they are available
thanks for posting
Pier Paolo

Excellent! I've read some wonderful things about the APP992 in Sontec builds. Hoping to use some in mine.

I think I also read you made a DIP8 version? is this true? Could be cool to use in place of OPA2604s the DR MQ5 calls for perhaps.

What is the best way to order? PM or email?

Thanks!

Blackdawg said:
Excellent! I've read some wonderful things about the APP992 in Sontec builds. Hoping to use some in mine.

I think I also read you made a DIP8 version? is this true? Could be cool to use in place of OPA2604s the DR MQ5 calls for perhaps.

What is the best way to order? PM or email?

Thanks!

just to update, the kits has been sent.
Pier Paolo

the kits has been sent with the new app992 version.
Pier Paolo

Hi Leon, thanks for buying from me
PM sent
best regards
Pier Paolo

I have the ver.2 under developtment (with higher performances), but I should do it with my new test board. On the next week I should have it.
I will keep you posted soon,
thanks for contacting and for you interest.
best regards
Pier Paolo

ppa said:
I have the ver.2 under developtment (with higher performances), but I should do it with my new test board. On the next week I should have it.
I will keep you posted soon,
thanks for contacting and for you interest.
best regards
Pier Paolo

Sounds good!
Is that available for replacing TL072 or OPA2134?

Thanks,

hikowinter said:
Sounds good!
Is that available for replacing TL072 or OPA2134?

Thanks,

yes, there are the DIP dual opamp version of the APP992 to replace dual opamps.
My goal is to replace several IC  opamps inside several classic gears as for example the Sontec 250 eqs, AMEK2500..etc..
I have intention to open a topic for this idea as reference manual.

Ciao Pier Paolo,

I would be interested in a single MA1 kit. Do you have them in stock?

Gurra

Latest posts

Back