Aputis ELA M251 style capsule holder system for Alctron HT-11A bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andriejus

BACK IN STOCK

NOTE: IF YOU FIND THAT HOLES FOR CAPSULE WIRES DO NOT MATCH BETWEEN ACRYLIC AND METAL DISCS, PLEASE TURN THE DISC INTO OPPOSITE DIRECTION. EVERY METAL DISC AND ACRYLIC PART IS MATCHED. IF YOU HAVE ORDERED MORE THAN ONE  AND MIXED PARTS FROM DIFFERENT HOLDERS, YOU MAY HAVE TO SPEND SOME TIME FINDING THE RIGHT PARTS.

ELAM251stylemount01-vi.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a little nice update for diy ELA M251 mics. This capsule holder system is fully hand made and designed to fit Alctron HT-11A bodies, but is also adaptable to any mic body.
ELAM251stylemount07-vi.jpg

ELAM251stylemount06-vi.jpg

Mounting slots for screws makes it universal for mounting almost any 34 mm diameter capsule. Holes for capsule wire are 1 mm in diameter.
ELAM251stylemount04-vi.jpg

Capsules used for presentation are CT12 (by Tim Campbell) and RK-12.
ELAM251stylemount08-vi.jpg

Price for one holder is 50 eur (including paypal fees).

Shipping:

EU and Scandinavian countries - 5 eur/each
Other - 8 eur/each

Materials:
-Stainless steel screws;
-Transparent acrylic platform (5,5 mm thickness)
-Metal parts from mild steel plated with nickel (30 micron thickness);
-Red felt from 100% natural wool used for piano making;
-Microporous rubber for shock absorption.

Certain metal parts are strongly welded together, but for an extra safety I've put an M3 screw through all. However if you wish M3 screw can be removed to maintain original look.

NOTE: IF YOU FIND THAT HOLES FOR CAPSULE WIRES DO NOT MATCH BETWEEN ACRYLIC AND METAL DISCS, PLEASE TURN THE DISC INTO OPPOSITE DIRECTION. EVERY METAL DISC AND ACRYLIC PART IS MATCHED. IF YOU HAVE ORDERED MORE THAN ONE  AND MIXED PARTS FROM DIFFERENT HOLDERS, YOU MAY HAVE TO SPEND SOME TIME FINDING THE RIGHT PARTS.

Package includes:

1. Assembled holder system;
2. Metal platform for Alctron HT-11A mic body;
3. 2 x stainless steel screws for fixing the holder to the metal platform.

ELAM251stylemount05-vi.jpg

Please note: All orders will be accepted only by e-mail: [email protected]
ELAM251stylemount02-vi.jpg

If any questions please feel free to ask.
E-mail: [email protected]

Kind regards,
Andrew

I bought several of these. Very well done throughout packaging and all top marks! The only thing needed to be done by me during this upgrade was I hade to drill out the plexiglass base slightly to accomodate the Teflon Covered 28 gauge wire i chose to use for the capsule hook-up. It sounds to me like this mount tightened up the mic a bit. By no means of science I am going to say it reduced low frequency coupling to the body. The mic sounds crisper and more focused the low mids are there with feeling.

Tim Campbell Capsule, Matador/Chunger C12 Kit. and Carvin Audio CTM100 donor body.

Attachments

• DSCN3964.JPG
    DSCN3964.JPG
    671.9 KB · Views: 34
Back