Aputis U47 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwacht

Did anyone know something about Andrejus Aputis? The thread is gone and i cannot reach him by email. I am waiting since march 16 for my U47 body.
It would be interessting how many of you are also still waiting?
Best regards, michael

Hey I am also waiting and he has stopped replying to email.. He advised me a month ago he had got the bodies in but needed to check plating to see if he was happy. When he checked it he said he wasnt happy and had sent them back and he then stopped replying to emails.

From the outside looking in;

I can see the possibility that Aputis is gone.  He may have lost heart with the journey to sufficient quality for sale and decided to e-disappear.

There has been a lot of money poured into this venture and sadly this money may be gone for good.

Check the threads, it's Riggler all over again.

I hope My observations are wrong but I doubt it.

The difference, Ben, is that Aputis has delivered some bodies, and folks have been very happy with them. Riggler never did.

Also, he emailed not too long ago and said he would be silent for a bit. I believe him to be honorable.

If these is anything to be gleaned from this, it is to request a Paypal invoice from anyone you do not know well enough to completely trust with your hard earned funds, and get a refund in the time allowed if they do not deliver in that time frame...

I never received an email saying he was going to be quiet for a bit.. Did anyone else receive this?

Phrazemaster said:
The difference, Ben, is that Aputis has delivered some bodies, and folks have been very happy with them. Riggler never did.

Also, he emailed not too long ago and said he would be silent for a bit. I believe him to be honorable.

"The difference, Ben, is that Aputis has delivered some bodies, and folks have been very happy with them. Riggler never did."
Not to defend anyone, But I Payed for and had delivered 2 of Riggler's  M49 bodies. After the first batch he started having trouble.

Winetree said:
"The difference, Ben, is that Aputis has delivered some bodies, and folks have been very happy with them. Riggler never did."
Not to defend anyone, But I Payed for and had delivered 2 of Riggler's  M49 bodies. After the first batch he started having trouble.
Wow I did not know that he had actually delivered to anyone! Wow.

leitrim_lad said:
I never received an email saying he was going to be quiet for a bit.. Did anyone else receive this?
Here's that email:

Date: Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 7:26 AM
To: Michael Phillips <my Email here>
Subject: m49

Hello,

This e-mail for all who had ordered M49 body kits from me.

I know it has been a very long time of waiting and I am very thankful for your patience and understanding. I want to apologise if I destroyed your plans. This project has become a very tough financially and I haven’t forecasted it. I am lacking some funds to complete everything, but I am working on this. Everything is almost done. I am kindly asking for more time and patience. As soon as I am ready to ship the top quality product, I will inform you with the tracking number.

I do understand if some of you would like to be refunded. However this might be complicated to do it fast, because all my finances were spent for developing this project. I know this is not much but I am ready to send you some presents for free as a compensation for all this.

If you have any questions please send me an email and I will provide you with more information.

Kind regards,

ANDRIEJUS APUTIS

Mob.: +370 (620) 62397
www.aputis.com

Silent to me is different to pulling your website, cancelling your paid thread and not replying to any emails!

As I said, I hope I'm wrong but I think buyers should be prepared to cut the losses.

Just my opinion!

Phrazemaster said:

I was the one who supplied all the dimensions for Aputis's  M49 build  taken  from my Neumann M49.
After numerous measurements of different parts, he went into production.
For all of my work I was offered a discount on an M49.
I didn't even take up the offer, seeing my money tied up and all the trouble he was going through with his U47 project.
Hope he gets it together so I can  redeem the offer and for all who paid.

mics said:
Silent to me is different to pulling your website, cancelling your paid thread and not replying to any emails!

As I said, I hope I'm wrong but I think buyers should be prepared to cut the losses.

Just my opinion!
Agreed Ben.

He did reply to an email I just sent him yesterday since I'm getting nervous - I'm one of his customers. I encouraged him to post here and give an update. He said bodies are still at the platers and he has to wait until he gets money to complete this. He says this is the final stage. Be that as it may, it seems like the same thing he's been saying for awhile so, I don't know. But I maintain I believe he is honorable.

Anyway, I hope he will deliver cause otherwise I'm out $600.

Hello all,

I want to appologize for not being here and I know it has been a lomg time, but this is another story than Riggler's bodies. I have not disappeared. I am putting all my money into this project and I WILL FINISH IT. No one - NO ONE will loose their money. Just give me time. Everthing costs a lot and this is not easy to be on a schedule with a limited financing. Please give me time and you will receive the best I can.

Kind regards,
Andrew

mics said:

Just my opinion!

Apart from being in touch with Andrejus during all that time and knowing his work & effort he puts in all this and how far his perfectionism for his products took him to the very edge - financially and most likely beyond that, and being 100% sure he will deliver, I find it highly inappropriate that you Ben - coincidentally also working on an M49 mic body project - chime in here  with "I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it..." kind of posts.

I really appreciate your work, but speculating about how Andrew might have disappeared while not knowing any background is simply unnecessary - especially in light of him being kind of a "competitor" to your own product...

Hi there.

So are saying that due to me offering product here on this forum, I'm not allowed to have a personal opinion? 

Any member of this forum reserves the right to comment or indeed answer a question posted! 

Facts Known;

No longer maintains a white market thread.
Has pulled down his website.
Hasn't been answering emails.

Perhaps if Aputis maintained his white market thread and kept his website up rather than disappearing then there would be no need to speculate or even answer third party questions regarding the absence of information.

We love to work with you all here at group Diy, it is a lot of fun and we gain satisfaction seeing the many beautiful mics we had a hand in.

We don't see Aputis as competition, our products are very different to his, but we do sincerely hope that he and indeed anyone else offering product here to group diy'ers continues to deliver the goods. 

I do hope that I'm welcome to comment freely here on group Diy without being accused of Racefixing and feeling the need to be overly selective for risk of offending.

Cheers

rainton said:
Apart from being in touch with Andrejus during all that time and knowing his work & effort he puts in all this and how far his perfectionism for his products took him to the very edge - financially and most likely beyond that, and being 100% sure he will deliver, I find it highly inappropriate that you Ben - coincidentally also working on an M49 mic body project - chime in here  with "I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it..." kind of posts.

I really appreciate your work, but speculating about how Andrew might have disappeared while not knowing any background is simply unnecessary - especially in light of him being kind of a "competitor" to your own product...

I cannot defend Andrews poor communication, but have ultimately in time received good product/service...
Ben, while you have not taken prepayment-- there has been ongoing delays and posts indicating production deadlines/goals that have been ephemeral. So though your house may not be glass; why cast stones?
And when do you estimate delivery of your version?

Ben,

You do not know the situation well.

Real facts:

1. I was advised to shut down the thread until have something in stock;
2. My website is still in development and it has never been launched. I am not hurrying on this as I do not want to look it awful like yours;
3. Answering all e-mails.

You should review your facts again next time.

Andrew

mics said:
Hi there.

Facts Known;

No longer maintains a white market thread.
Has pulled down his website.
Hasn't been answering emails.

Cheers

Andriejus said:
Real facts:
3. Answering all e-mails.

NO YOU DON'T
and I am still waiting for the refund of the order I have never received since december 2016

Sebastien

Has anyone had any updates since from Andrew?  He replied to me on facebook 2 months ago saying they were sent to Germany and they Should be back by Friday but havent heard a thing since and i mailed him twice again for an update. Everytime he replies it seems to be a comment saying they should be here soon etc and then total silence again for months. Im just curious to see if anyone has received any of them, that he might be sending out in bits and pieces on a first come first serve basis or if its a complete lost cause. Thanks

Latest posts

Back