Arienne Audio - Microphone Capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soliloqueen

GDIY Supporter
Discussion thread: Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

I'm selling microphone capsules! I've got two models right now:

A"Flat" K47 without the 5k bump of the original capsule:
3418484925.jpg

And an all-custom K87:
3418446245.jpg3418445826.jpg
3418440050.jpg3418441606.jpg

Retail prices:
$119 for the Flat K47
$159 for the K87.

Free shipping worldwide! "Free shipping" for Non-US addresses is EMS if the order total is under $450 and UPS if the order total is over $450.

Available for purchase at Arienne Audio – Microphone Capsules

Last edited:
OEM Service
I offer deep discounts on volume orders. Changes to capacitance and tuning are possible for volume customers. I'd also be happy to help you bring a fully custom capsule into production. Moving beyond just product-related things, I'm happy to look into sourcing parts for you as well. Pre-sputtered mylar, rings, backplates, etc. Even outside the realm of capsules, if you need custom custom bodies at volume, high-quality custom transformers, or even an entire microphone assembled, I'd be happy to at ask around.

Last edited:
Hello,

I was wondering if you could please provide an indication as to when you might have "Flat K47 capsules back in stock?

Thank you.

Yes, only the saddle for now, not the peg. I'm allergic to some rubbers so I'm looking for a supplier that I'm consistently not allergic to that also has decent mechanical properties.
Just an idea, would cork make sense under these circumstances?

Reactions: TBP
Yes, only the saddle for now, not the peg. I'm allergic to some rubbers so I'm looking for a supplier that I'm consistently not allergic to that also has decent mechanical properties.
I would be really psyched about having access to the complete capsule mount, so hopefully you can find a material you can work with. I am all about DIY but have no interest in fabricating parts of a capsule mount, so I end up having to go buy one anyway.

Where are other people getting complete high-quality capsule mounts from?

have no interest in fabricating parts of a capsule mount, so I end up having to go buy one anyway.

Does the mount have to be compliant, like some type of rubber material? There is a printable polyurethane compountd (thermoplastic urethane, TPU) that might be relatively easy to print into a suitable mount. If you don't have a 3D printer you can either buy a buddy a beer to print some for you, or send off files to a print shop and they will mail you back parts in a few days (or just go pick them up if you find a print shop in your town).
If it doesn't have to be slightly compliant then you open up a wider range of plastics which can be used, but TPU would probably be closest to the traditional style materials. Might be worth looking into.

the mechanics of the mounting pole are extremely complicated and depend on how it's anchored in the body...it's a major point of acoustic design, or at least it should be. I've seen those 3d printable TPUs before. I wonder if they can get stiff enough?

Can we not just use those rubber bumpers? I don't know how they are called in english. They are cheap, easy to get and you can get them in various sizes and forms.
In German it's "Gummipuffer" or "Schwingungsdämpfer".
I used these in a U67 and had no problems.
images

It seems "rubber buffer" is one name for them.

Can we not just use those rubber bumpers? I don't know how they are called in english. You can get them in various sizes.
images
yes, those are common. with the right screw size, they should work OK. thank you for giving me the name, I couldn't think of it either!

I had gone down a rabbit hole for a bit in thinking about prototyping something out of sorbothane, eventually realized I was out of my league in cost and design and there were better things to spend my time on. It's no help here, but I am amazed at sorbothane's properties, was very useful when I soffit-mounted some big speakers. (no affiliation to company.)

thinking about prototyping something out of sorbothane, eventually realized I was out of my league in cost and design
Hmmm... Be careful to avoid patent infringement suites! Bob Heil uses sorbothane to shock mount dynamic cartridges in his gear, and considering how he seems to think he invented practically everything microphonic, well... um ... just saying. _ "Anonymous."

Oh ... um sorry ... I was just being catty. JHR

Can we not just use those rubber bumpers? I don't know how they are called in english. They are cheap, easy to get and you can get them in various sizes and forms.
images

It seems "rubber buffer" is one name for them.
Shock mounts. Available in a variety of materials. Sorbethane, rubber. Google elastomeric mounts.

Back