ART PRO MPA 2 - XLR chanel 1 is not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindw0rk

Hi Guys!

I have got ART PRO MPA 2 preamp and XLR input on channel 1 is not working, the DI (HiZ) of the same channel is working, chanel 2 is ok, I have attached a schematic from the similar thread... I am not sure where I shall look for the issue, I can't read the schematic, is there any chance you can point me out where I shall look for?

Attachments

• Art Pro MPA II Schematic-3.png
    Art Pro MPA II Schematic-3.png
    562.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Art Pro MPA II Schematic-Output Section.png
    Art Pro MPA II Schematic-Output Section.png
    595.3 KB · Views: 52
If the instrument input works on the first channel, then the problem is in the microphone preamp whose schematic is framed by a red rectangle. If you have a multimeter, a fault can be found using the faulty and correct microphone channel comparison method.

Attachments

• ch1 art pro.png
    ch1 art pro.png
    522.7 KB · Views: 34
If the instrument input works on the first channel, then the problem is in the microphone preamp whose schematic is framed by a red rectangle. If you have a multimeter, a fault can be found using the faulty and correct microphone channel comparison method.
OR, the switching contacts in the instrument jack have gone bad, a fairly common point of failure in mic-pre's that have an instrument input downstream of the Mic input. Try plugging a jack in-and-out of the instrument input, say ten times, and then see if the mic pre wakes up.

Back