ATC clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that measurement a free field measurement?
Its measured at my listening position, in a 2m distance from the speakers. Control room ist 25m2, Not the biggest.... Since there ist a DSP in the hypex amps you could flatten the curve completley. But i have done only minor improovements, because an overdone digital flattening has some negativ side effects Like Phase issues. Without DSP tuning my room was in a +-7.5 range.

I have read mixed comments regarding the DSP treatments in these amps, are you happy with yours ?

ATC 100 speakers have been on my dreamlist for a while, but I can't see how buying these would make any sense in a near future, so I might as well try to build something in the ballpark. This thread is becoming a gold mine ! Let's keep digging :)

Thanks all !

DSP would normally be something I'd steer away from :) But I'll read and educate myself ! Thanks

And why so? Passive xover can be great but they require experience to be developed and a real budget ( not even talking about audiofool capacitors or put in virgin blood's bath at full moon resistors...). DSP open windows to things impossible with passive and it's easier and faster to implement.

Passive crossover are something i decided to stay away from once i tried to achieve my first one!

Since then i owned a number of dsp, the one that stayed being some serious stuff (from some years ago though but converters are still ok and software capability still fulfill my needs ) but if i had to do it right now i would'nt bother: a dedicated headless pc and some freeware/software, good converters and call it a day.

Measurement mic mandatory ( true for passive too), REW (analysis freeware), Rephase (to brew your xovers IIR/FIR/EQ/Phase compensations, Freeware - if you are rich enough Acourate in place of Rephase), a vst host ( Live Doctor) and HLC ( Hang Loose Convolver -bundled with host if needed-, from Accuratesound (Mitch Barnett, former audio engineer and very competent plug developper).

Depending on converters this can rival or even put to shame my Lake Lp4d12!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back