Att. CA Guys-- Junk Places in LA and SF??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marik

Hey California guys,

I am gonna drive to LA and San Francisco and leaving this Friday.
Tell me if you know any cool junk places there--surplus, some cool local electronic stores, I could go browsing? Thrift stores... I love thrift stores.

In LA I will be staying in Santa Monica. Anybody would like to meet for some beer (Guiness prefered)? or to shoot some pool? In SF.... well I don't know where I am staying there.... I am going for an Indian wedding, so hopefully will have plenty of time--you know, at Indian weddings men don't do anything..... unlike at mine two months ago :mad:

APEX Electronics on San Fernando at Tuxford in Sun Valley (off I-5, north of Burbank).
A huge indoor - outdoor "junkyard" of military, aviation, medical, etc. electronic surplus that's been piling up for years and years. Hours of fun. I'll go there, while my wife takes the kids to Disneyland. Nice selection of Teflon/silver wire! Let me know when you go.....I haven't had my fix in a while.

There's a cool (trendy/hip) pool hall in S.M. on 3rd Street (Promenade).
The Kings Head Pub is right off of third (for Guiness).

The best scrounging in the SF area may be in the South Bay, and Chris is the one to tell us about that. Let us know when you're going to be here and we might all get together for a few :guinness: :sam: s and maybe do some treasure hunting.

cheers,
tommypiper

HSC Surplus Electronics is pretty cool.
Hsc Electronic Supply
Address: 3500 Ryder St, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Phone: (408) 969-0510

mapimage.gif

Latest posts

Back