AUCTION! Stamford: Factory, Audio Lab & Workspace Of Audio Legend Richard Sequerra: Speakers, Lab Test Equipment, Inventory, Tools, Supplies & More

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimG

GDIY Supporter
https://www.auctionninja.com/hamilt...uipment-inventory-tools-supplies-more-10.html
Local pickup, but shipping can be arranged on some items apparently.
Prototype amplifiers and microphones, transformers, speakers. Test equipment and parts. Shop Tools to make almost anything audio. enclosures...
You can lose an hour here just browsing.
2 weeks to go! Prices still reasonable for lots of lots!

Not mine of course, and don't outbid me!

TimG

From a quick glance I didn't see much test equipment. Back several decades ago (80s) I attended the auction when Mark Levinson went bankrupt. Also in CT (outside New Haven, CT). As I recall I bought two bench distortion analyzers to use in my company but at the end of the auction the trustee accepted an entirety bid from some deep pockets for the whole shebang. After wasting my time I left empty handed.

JR

From a quick glance I didn't see much test equipment. Back several decades ago (80s) I attended the auction when Mark Levinson went bankrupt. Also in CT (outside New Haven, CT). As I recall I bought two bench distortion analyzers to use in my company but at the end of the auction the trustee accepted an entirety bid from some deep pockets for the whole shebang. After wasting my time I left empty handed.

JR
That totally sucks. I have gotten so ramped up for some Auctions, things I didn't even strictly need but had my hopes up.

Look around page 6
https://www.auctionninja.com/hamilt...tory-tools-supplies-more-10.html?Page=6#items
5 dollars.
https://www.auctionninja.com/hamilton-grp/product/rohde-schwarz-impulse-sound-level-meter-1959.html

Rohde & Schwarz Impulse Sound Level Meter​

the problem with auctions is while it does seem inexpensive, there are so many fees associated with any item that it can easily make it not worth it. Hefty processing and or handling fees can totally sky rocket the coast of an item. For the seller, it can also reduce any sort of profit on an item for the same processing or handling fees. read the fine print before you sign up. I recently did a local auction for audio equipment, it's amazing what a 20% handling fee can do to the price of an item.

I grew up in that zip code, still have family there. Never heard of this guy or his products. Hmm, Google search shows the address five minutes from my Parents' house. Looks like he had something to do with ribbon mics, as well as speakers, etc......

Last edited:
I grew up in that zip code, still have family there. Never heard of this guy or his products.
The name rings a bell but in the context of broadcast radio products like high end tuners (Day Sequerra ? NJ?). Not sure if there is any relation.

There are lots of small exotic loudspeaker companies, even some real loud speaker companies were in CT (Like Bozak).

JR

Looks like he was at Marantz at one point in his career.
Back when I was still living in the Hartford area, and selling my Hifi kits (Phoenix Systems). I was invited to speak to some local audiophile group in a private residence. The home/system owner was proudly showing off his big dog playback system with Quad (?) Electrostatic loudspeakers, and some exotic audiophile gear driving them.

An old guy in the audience didn't notice that his hearing aid ear piece had fallen out and was sitting in his lap feeding back with a high pitched whistle. o_OThe system owner thinking that his system was oscillating dove for the power strip to turn everything off before they released their magic smoke. :rolleyes:

IIRC the old guy was some local legend famous for his early work designing hifi radio receivers, or something like that. Sorry I don't recall specifics and this guy was old 4 decades ago.

JR

There are 8 boxes of adult CDs on page 14.

I wonder where in a speaker cabinet were these used.

Or, that would be some sound check.

Hi all! I purchased about half of the lots from this auction and just noticed this thread today. There was some very cool stuff, and a lot of random stuff as well. I will share some of the neater finds and possible ask for help identifying some of it. Among the things were some decent test equipment (the Stanford Research LCR meter is pretty cool to have around, very handy) and an interesting old HP filter set that is not yet functioning quite right but looking forward to remedying that. Lots of inductors and inductor parts, lots of copper foil, lots of brand new HiFi loudspeaker drivers, and some fun surprises. He sure seems like an interesting guy if his stuff is any indication. I’ll share more tomorrow.IMG_9181.jpeg

Back