Audio book, German, great writer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR

I post here because some of this crowd are  German, and this involves (small) audio, and a hint of money.

Lawrence Block is one of my lifetime favorite writers.

From his recent newsletter:

" New ventures in audio.  .... I've found a voice artist to narrate and produce an audio version of Resume Speed....

I've decided to do the same for Keller's Fedora, which I've recently opened for auditions on ACX. If you're an audiobook narrator with a home studio and want to work on a shared-royalties basis, feel free to submit an audition via the ACX site.

And if by some chance you're a German audiobook narrator, I'd encourage you to audition for Die Sünden der Väter , the German edition of The Sins of the Fathers. While the ebook and paperback have taken their time getting a foothold in the German market, sales have picked up sharply in the past two months, and we're encouraged to try it in audio. If we find a narrator/producer... "

Yes, shared-royalties is a leap in the dark. But note that after 50+ years in the publishing rip-off, Larry is now aggressively pushing his self-marketing, production, promotion,  and apparently doing well.

Back